Dolphin Excursions - Wild Dolphin Encounter
Depart from Waianae Boat Harbor with Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Adventures and travel along the magnificent, scenic west coast of Oahu, Hawaii in search of spinner dolphins. Occasionally, you will see bottlenose or spotted dolphins, as well. Witness the fantastic aerial stunts performed by these wild Hawaiian dolphins, and take a snapshot to show your friends back home! During the winter, the grand Humpback whales join the dolphins in the water. You can see their breaches, fins, and tail slaps. Sometimes we're even lucky enough to see a mother and her calf, which is truly amazing, as even the infants dwarf us!
The real fun is what Dolphin Excursions calls "The Drop," which is something we do when then dolphins are awake and playful, allowing guests to safely get wet and get face-to-face with the dolphins to witness dolphin play from a truly exclusive and natural prospective. Picture yourself with only a mask and snorkel, in the water, when all of a sudden you are surrounded by a group of playful, chatty dolphins. “The Drop” is successful about 80% of the time!
Finally, enjoy your opportunity for snorkel adventures at Hawaii’s immaculate reefs, which are swarming with tropical, colorful fish, and giant sea turtles. Snorkeling is dependent on weather and conditions, especially during the winter, but if we can’t snorkel, we just spend more time viewing the majestic Humpback Whales!
- Oriental Chicken Salad – lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers,
mushrooms, onions, sprouts, grilled chicken and topped with won ton
chips and oriental dressing
- Build your own sandwich – your choice of turkey, ham or tuna and choice of veggies and cheese
- Veggie Sandwich – including your choice of lettuce, cucumbers,
tomatoes, onions, sprouts, mushrooms and cheese on two whole wheat
slices of bread
- Garden Salad – lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, onions, mushrooms,
tomatoes, mushrooms, sprouts, sundried tomatoes, American cheese and
your choice of dressing
- View spinner dolphins and humpback whales (during whale season)
- Opportunity to occasionaly see bottlenose dolphins and spotted dolphins too
- Perfect photo opportunities
- Swim with dolphins and turtles in the wild
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch at Spinners Cafe.
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki and Ko Olina hotels included
- All snorkel gear provided
- Delicious lunch
Please note: This is a tour that takes you to marine life in
their natural habitat, not in a zoo or park. While dolphins are spotted
around 80-90% of the time, dolphin sightings cannot be guaranteed. The
snorkeling conditions are also dependent on the weather, and snorkeling
only takes place when deemed safe.
Colorful Tropical Fish
Green Sea Turtle
Hawaii Dolphin Swim
Wild Dolphin Encounter
- Where and When:
- Summer: Check-in is at 6:30 am or 10:00 am at the Waianae Boat Harbor located on the west shore of Oahu, off Hwy 93.
Winter: Check-in is at 7:00 am or 10:30 am at the Waianae Boat Harbor located on the west shore of Oahu, off Hwy 93.
- Children must be at least 4 years old.
- Special Notes:
- Lunch will be after we return to the harbor and will have drinks included. Water will be available on the boat while we are at sea.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Dolphin Excursions
- Fins, mask and snorkel (provided)
font-family: 'MicrosoftNewTaiLue-Regular', 'sans-serif', Arial, Helvetica;