Dolphin Excursions - Wild Dolphin Encounter
Depart from Waianae Boat Harbor with Dolphin Excursions Snorkel Adventures and travel along the magnificent, scenic west coast of Oahu, Hawaii in search of spinner dolphins. Occasionally, you will see bottlenose or spotted dolphins, as well. Witness the fantastic aerial stunts performed by these wild Hawaiian dolphins, and take a snapshot to show your friends back home! During the winter, the grand Humpback whales join the dolphins in the water. You can see their breaches, fins, and tail slaps. Sometimes we're even lucky enough to see a mother and her calf, which is truly amazing, as even the infants dwarf us!
The real fun is what Dolphin Excursions calls "The Drop," which is something we do when then dolphins are awake and playful, allowing guests to safely get wet and get face-to-face with the dolphins to witness dolphin play from a truly exclusive and natural prospective. Picture yourself with only a mask and snorkel, in the water, when all of a sudden you are surrounded by a group of playful, chatty dolphins. “The Drop” is successful about 80% of the time!
Finally, enjoy your opportunity for snorkel adventures at Hawaii’s immaculate reefs, which are swarming with tropical, colorful fish, and giant sea turtles. Snorkeling is dependent on weather and conditions, especially during the winter, but if we can’t snorkel, we just spend more time viewing the majestic Humpback Whales!
- View spinner dolphins and humpback whales (during whale season)
- Opportunity to occasionaly see bottlenose dolphins and spotted dolphins too
- Perfect photo opportunities
- Swim with dolphins and turtles in the wild
- All snorkel gear provided
Please note: This is a tour that takes you to marine life in
their natural habitat, not in a zoo or park. While dolphins are spotted
around 80-90% of the time, dolphin sightings cannot be guaranteed. The
snorkeling conditions are also dependent on the weather, and snorkeling
only takes place when deemed safe.
Colorful Tropical Fish
Green Sea Turtle
Hawaii Dolphin Swim
Wild Dolphin Encounter
- Where and When:
- Summer: Check-in is at 6:30 am or 10:00 am at the Waianae Boat Harbor located on the west shore of Oahu, off Hwy 93.
Winter: Check-in is at 7:00 am or 10:30 am at the Waianae Boat Harbor located on the west shore of Oahu, off Hwy 93.
- Children must be at least 4 years old.
- Special Notes:
- Guests may bring their own lunch and beverages on board.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Dolphin Excursions
- Snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins and life vest) is provided, but bringing your own gear is encouraged. You may also purchase a brand new set to take home with you. Wet suits are available to rent for $10 at check-in.
font-family: 'MicrosoftNewTaiLue-Regular', 'sans-serif', Arial, Helvetica;