Maita'i Catamaran - Tradewinds Sail
Feel the wind as the waves rush by on this fun filled hour and a half sail. MaiTais, champagne, beer, wine, juice and soft drinks are available for purchase on board. The Maita'i Catamaran Tradewinds Sail is at 11 am or 3 pm.
The "Maita'i" is a state of the art, twin-hulled, 44-ft catamaran designed specifically for Waikiki Beach! It has new equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 yrs, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran. She has a safe, quiet, environmentally clean propulsion system. There are 2 large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing. Enjoy convenient barefoot boarding. The Maita'i features a specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds and has state of the art, green Spectra sails.
Maita'i Catamaran Features:
- New equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" catamaran
- Safe, quiet, environmentally clean propulsion system
- Two large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing
- Convenient barefoot boarding
- Specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds
- CD sound system
- State-of-the-art Spectra sails
- On board restroom
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers, we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort
- Where and When:
- Tour times:
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Check in 30 minutes before tour time.
Check-in and boarding is on the beach behind the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, 2255 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815.
- Bar drinks are cash only.
Face masks are required for check-in/boarding and while moving aboard the boat.
Temperature checks and waiver to be done while checking in.
- Effective September 13, 2021, Emergency Order No. 2021-09, issued by the Mayor of Honolulu, becomes effective. Guests will need to either provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a valid ID or provide a negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours. Full vaccination means two weeks have passed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series, or two weeks have passed after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
Hard copy of vaccination card
Photo or digital copy of vaccination card
Safe Travels Hawaii application showing proof of vaccination
Exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination:
Proof of negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours
Children under 12 years old
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 1.5 hours
- Maitai Catamaran Snorkeling