Maita'i Catamaran - Mahina Moonlight Sail
Glide across the deep blue sea with Mahina (Hawaiian for "moon") guiding the way. The scenery is made up of shimmering water and twinkling lights. It is a feeling like no other. The 90-minute sail is complete with the usual beverage service and charming captain and crew. The difference is the mood lighting. Make that, moonlighting.
The Maita'i is a state of the art, twin-hulled, 44 ft catamaran designed specifically for Waikiki Beach! It features new equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran. The Maita'i is quiet, safe with an environmentally clean propulsion system. The Maita'i features a specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds. She has 2 large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing. Enjoy convenient barefoot boarding. She has state of the art, green Spectra sails, toilet facility onboard and is US Coast Guard inspected and certified for up to 47 passengers; we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort.
Maita'i Catamaran Features:
- New equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran
- Safe, quiet, environmentally clean propulsion system
- Two large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing
- Convenient barefoot boarding
- Specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds
- CD sound system
- State-of-the-art Spectra sails
- On board restroom
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers, we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort
- Where and When:
- Check-in and boarding is on the beach at Fort DeRussy Beach Park, 2055 Kalia Road, Honolulu, HI 96815. View Map
Self-parking is available at the Hale Koa parking lot.
From January 1 to February 28: Check in at 6:30 pm. Departure at 7:00 pm.
From March 1 to September 30: Check in at 7:00 pm. Departure at 7:30 pm.
From October 1 to December 31: Check in at 6:30 pm. Departure at 7:00 pm.
- Face masks are required for check-in/boarding and while moving aboard the boat.
Temperature checks and waiver to be done while checking in.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 1.5 hours
- Maitai Catamaran Snorkeling