Maita'i Catamaran - Sunset Mai Tai Sail
Enjoy Hawaii's beauty as you experience the Sunset Maita'i sail. Relax and take in a true Hawaiian sunset. Includes Mai Tais, Wine, Beer, Champagne, juices and soft drinks.
The Maita'i is a state of the art, twin-hulled, 44 ft catamaran designed specifically for Waikiki Beach! It features new equipment that was developed and tested on our previous boat of 20 years, the legendary "Leahi" Catamaran. The Maita'i is quiet, safe with an environmentally clean propulsion system. The Maita'i features a specially designed "wing mast" which enables Maita'i to reach incredible speeds. She has 2 large safety nets located on the bow with ample room for sunbathing. Enjoy convenient barefoot boarding. She has state of the art, green Spectra sails, toilet facility onboard and is US Coast Guard inspected and certified for up to 47 passengers; we limit numbers to ensure maximum comfort.
- 1.5 to 2 hour sunset sail along Waikiki Beach
- Enjoy great views of Honolulu, Waikiki and Diamond Head
- Catamaran features 2 large safety nets located on the bow with plenty of room for stretching out and relaxing
- Convenient barefoot boarding right on Waikiki Beach (between the Halekulani Hotel and the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel)
- Catamaran has a CD sound system and state-of-the-art green Spectra sails
- Bathroom facility on board
- U.S. Coast Guard inspected & certified for up to 47 passengers
Maitai Catamaran Sunset Sail
Maitai Catamaran Sunset
Scenic Waikiki Shoreline
Waikiki Beach at Sunset
Whales and Sunset
- Where and When:
- Check-in and boarding is on the beach behind the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, 2255 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815.
From October 1 to February 28: Check in at 4:30 pm. Departure at 5:00 pm.
From March 1 to September 30: Check in at 5:00 pm. Departure at 5:30 pm.
- Effective September 13, 2021, Emergency Order No. 2021-09, issued by the Mayor of Honolulu, becomes effective. Guests will need to either provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and a valid ID or provide a negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours. Full vaccination means two weeks have passed after the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series, or two weeks have passed after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination. Acceptable proof of vaccination include:
Hard copy of vaccination card
Photo or digital copy of vaccination card
Safe Travels Hawaii application showing proof of vaccination
Exemptions to COVID-19 vaccination:
Proof of negative FDA EUA approved COVID-19 test, taken within 48 hours
Children under 12 years old
- Special Notes:
- 5:00 pm or 5:30 pm departure depending on time of year.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours
- Maitai Catamaran Snorkeling