North Shore Shark Adventures
On North Shore Shark Encounters, you will see the beauty and splendor of Hawaii’s sharks as they rise from the depths to greet you. This is a thrilling experience offered nowhere else in Hawaii. Don't miss this incredible experience. It will profoundly affect your feelings towards sharks, as you join them three miles off the beautiful North Shore of Oahu.
Set Sail for Shark and Sea Life Fun! You will leave Haleiwa (Oahu/North Shore) and travel out to sea to see these amazing creatures in their natural habitat. Often you will see Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, dolphins, and magnificent Humpback Whales (November through May) on the way.
Guaranteed shark encounter or you get your money back! Two out of the four sides of the cage have plexiglass for closeup encounters! You may encounter Gray Reef sharks, Galapagos and Sandbar sharks. Occasionally there have been visits from mysterious Tiger and Hammerhead sharks.
This adventure has been featured on ESPN Outdoors, BBC Outdoors, and on Canadian Wildlife TV. Bring an underwater camera!
Those who do not wish to participate can pay a reduced price and watch the sharks from the boat!
- Custom aluminum boats, the 36-foot KAIOU, and the 42-foot ABUNAI, which include a canopy for shade and cushioned seating for comfort
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- No diving experience required
- Snorkel and mask will be provided, but guests may also bring their own
- Shark cage dive takes place about 3 miles offshore in water with visibility of 200 feet or more
- Guaranteed shark encounter or you get your money back
Please note: Infants are allowed on this tour.
However, we must have a credit card number to put on file. If for some
reason the infant does not attend, a $85 charge is applied. You are also
required to call to make that reservation.
Cage and Boat
See Sharks from Cage
See Sharks Up Close
Shark Tour Boat
Sharks Outside Cage
Sharks seen from Boat
- Where and When:
- Tour times: 7:00 am, 7:30 am, 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am & 11:00 am
Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor, Slip 35, Oahu North Shore.
Address: 66-105 Haleiwa Rd., Haleiwa, HI 96712
Slip 35 View Map
Drive time from Waikiki to Haleiwa Harbor is about 1.5 hours.
Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki:
Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki is available at an additional cost (based upon availability). Departure from Waikiki to Haleiwa Harbor begins at 5:45 am and departure from Haleiwa Harbor back to Waikiki is at 1:00 pm. To add transportation, you must choose the following tour times: 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am or 11:00 am. Pick-up/drop off locations are centralized and will either be at or within a short walking distance of your hotel. At this time we cannot accommodate infants. We do not service the Kahala hotel or any hotels on the east side, west side or north shore of Oahu.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old to go in the cage (subject to the Captain's determination in the event of challenging ocean conditions).
If booking an infant (2 and under) a credit card number is required on file. If for some reason the infant does not attend, a $85.00 charge is applied. Please also call for reservations with infants attending. Infants are not allowed on tours after 9:00 am due to the ocean being rougher in the later morning hours.
- Special Notes:
- Military discount only applies to those who are active. This does not include retired or ex-military. Active military / Kama'aina discount is also eligible for students. Must be able to show high school or college ID.
- Operation Days:
- 2 hours
- North Shore Shark Encounters
- The fleet includes custom made aluminum boats, the 36-foot Kaiou, the 42-foot Abunai, the 36-foot Isao and the 32-foot Anela, which feature a canopy for shade and cushioned seating for comfort. With your safety in mind, we hold an informative safety briefing at the beginning of each Oahu shark tour, followed by a brief history of the experience. Masks and snorkels are provided, however, you are free to bring your own (fins are not necessary).