North Shore Shark Adventures
On North Shore Shark Encounters, you will see the beauty and splendor of Hawaii’s sharks as they rise from the depths to greet you. This is a thrilling experience offered nowhere else in Hawaii. Don't miss this incredible experience. It will profoundly affect your feelings towards sharks, as you join them three miles off the beautiful North Shore of Oahu.
Set Sail for Shark and Sea Life Fun! You will leave Haleiwa (Oahu/North Shore) and travel out to sea to see these amazing creatures in their natural habitat. Often you will see Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles, dolphins, and magnificent Humpback Whales (November through May) on the way.
Guaranteed shark encounter or you get your money back! Two out of the four sides of the cage have plexiglass for closeup encounters! You may encounter Gray Reef sharks, Galapagos and Sandbar sharks. Occasionally there have been visits from mysterious Tiger and Hammerhead sharks.
This adventure has been featured on ESPN Outdoors, BBC Outdoors, and on Canadian Wildlife TV. Bring an underwater camera!
Those who do not wish to participate can pay a reduced price and watch the sharks from the boat!
- The boat: 42-foot Kailolo II
- Tour duration: 2 hours
- No diving experience required
- Snorkel and mask will be provided, but guests may also bring their own
- Shark cage dive takes place about 3 miles offshore in water with visibility of 200 feet or more
- Guaranteed shark encounter or you get your money back
- Roundtrip transportation from Waikiki is only available for the 7:00 am, 9:00 am and 11:00 am tours
Please note: Infants are allowed on this tour.
However, we must have a credit card number to put on file. If for some
reason the infant does not attend, a $85 charge is applied. You are also
required to call to make that reservation.
Cage and Boat
See Sharks from Cage
See Sharks Up Close
Shark Tour Boat
Sharks Outside Cage
Sharks seen from Boat
- Where and When:
- Haleiwa Harbor
Slip 35 View Map
If you're driving out yourself: Drive time from Waikiki to Haleiwa Harbor is about 1.5 hours.
If you selected roundtrip transportation from Waikiki (additional fee applies): Pick-up times from Waikiki hotels are at approximately 7:00 am, 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
- If booking an infant (2 and under) a credit card number is required on file. If for some reason the infant does not attend a $85.00 charge is applied. Please also call for reservations with infants attending.
- Special Notes:
- Military discount only applies to those who are active. This does not include retired or ex-military. Active military / Kama'aina discount is also eligible for students. Must be able to show high school or college ID.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily
- 2 hours
- North Shore Shark Encounters
- Kailolo II, a 42-foot aluminum boat with a swim step on the transom of the boat