WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
The Arizona Memorial was
closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. This is an ongoing
repair job that currently does not have a scheduled completion date.
During this time, depending on availability and time it may be possible
for the tour to take the navy launch around the harbor without landing
at the Arizona Memorial. When repairs are completed and the Arizona
Memorial is reopened, it will be added back into the tour.
See Battleship Missouri, USS Arizona Memorial, & Pacific Aviation Museum. This is a great tour for history buffs!
Visit the historic USS Arizona Memorial & Visitor Center. Explore the USS Missouri, a historic monument marking the end of World War II, where Japan signed the surrender treaty. The tour ends at the Pacific Aviation Museum (self guided) where you will see an authentic Japanese Zero Fighter Plane and visit the seaplane hangar that survived the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum's Lani Akea Cafe. (Meal purchase on your own)Highlights: WWII Pearl Harbor Heroes Adventure
- Historical narration by an expert state certified tour guide
- View the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center dramatic attack film (not available during repairs)
- See actual artifacts
- Board the Navy launch for a ride across Pearl Harbor to the Arizona Memorial (Shuttle operations are subject to the schedule of
the navy launch and may be subject to weather conditions or maintenance
and repair schedules of the navy without notice.)
- See the “Black Tears” of oil that still bubbles to the surface today from the USS Arizona (not available if shuttle is not running)
- Take a tour of the U.S. Pacific Submarine Memorial and USS Bowfin “Pearl Harbor Avenger” (Admission & Tour Included)
- Tour the Pacific Aviation Museum; (Admission Included, this portion is self guided)
- Tour the USS Missouri affectionately known as the Mighty MO (Admission & Tour Included)
- Walk in the exact footsteps of General Douglas MacArthur and stand on the Surrender Deck
- Look into the Massive 16" Guns that hurl 2,900 pound projections over 20 miles with pin point accuracy
- Hear the famous Story where the USS Missouri sustained a serious attack off the coast of Okinawa in 1945
Gold Option Includes
- Lunch at the Pacific Aviation Museum Restaurant - Laniakea Café
- Audio tours for the Arizona Memorial, USS Missouri and USS Bowfin
Black Tears of the Arizona
Pearl Harbor Museum
USS Arizona Memorial
View from USS Missouri
USS Arizona Memorial
- Where and When:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and return provided from most Waikiki hotels.
Pick-ups begin in Waikiki at approximately 7:30 am. Return to Waikiki at approximately 5:00 pm.
- PUT FIRST AND LAST NAMES WHEN ORDERING PLEASE. THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS ACTIVITY. PUT NAMES AS THEY SHOW UP ON YOUR ID PLEASE.
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has declared a "no bags" policy at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center and Arizona Memorial.
Visitors may not carry any concealing items. This includes purses, handbags, backpacks, diaper bags, etc.
Small cameras are permitted. Allowable vital items may be placed in your pockets.
There is a storage facility for bags at Pearl Harbor National Park available for a nominal fee.
Do not leave any valuables on the bus.
Arizona Memorial closed in late May due to needed structural repairs. If it is still closed by your activity date, there will not be a visit to the Arizona Memorial or viewing of the documentary.
Shuttle Operations to the Arizona Memorial are subject to the Memorial's run time, maintenance, repair schedules and to weather.
- Special Notes:
- Shirt and Shoes are required on Memorial. Swimsuits are not permitted. High heels, dresses and skirts are not recommended. Security Restrictions are enforced - storage available for $3.00
- Operation Days:
- Sunday - Friday
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours.