Aha'aina Luau - Royal Hawaiian Hotel
Long before Luaus existed there was a feast called ‘Aha ‘Aina’ which translates to gathering for a meal. This was done by Hawaiian people in ancient times to celebrate momentous occasions. The Royal Hawaiian pays homage to the ancient Hawaiians and the playground of royalty by carrying on the tradition with Aha Aina a Royal Celebration.
The feast is held every Monday night at the Royal Hawaiian’s Ocean Lawn. They have limited seating so you’ll want to get your tickets early. The Aha Aina has three impressive acts for you to participate in. The evening begins with the first act that includes participating in traditional Hawaii activities such as kappa-making, poi-pounding, and na lawai’a (the tending of fishing tools). From there guests are called to feast in the second act where a storyteller educates you on the significance of lei giving, taro, and the ocean. Hors d'oeuvres (pupus) are served during this time and dinner will follow. For the third act, the dramatic story of Helumoa is performed including hula and song.
- Perfect beachfront location on Waikiki Beach
- Takes place at the historic Royal Hawaiian Hotel
- Learn about old Hawaii and Hawaiian customs and culture
- Take part in Hawaiian activities
- Delicious all-you-can-eat luau buffet
Full Luau (Premium or Standing Seating) includes 1 welcome drink and 2 drinks during the luau.
Premium Seating - Seating is 1st row of oceanfront tables, closest to the stage.Cocktail Seating
- Includes the show and 2 beverages. Seating at 7 pm.
Aha'aina Luau Menu
Poi and Poke Station:
- Poi with Fresh Salted Salmon, Ho Farm Tomatoes and Maui Onion Ahi, Shrimp, Tako, Hamakua Tomato and Mushroom Poke on Ice Bar
Island Fruit Station:
- Sliced Pineapple, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Kula Strawberries, Mojito Style Mango
Island Salads Station:
- Island Coleslaw, JA Farms Caesar Salad with Portuguese Bread Croutons, White Anchovies and Pipikaula, Ho Farms Tomato and Cucumber Salad, JA Farms Baby Greens with Edamame, Ho Farms Tomatoes and Watermelon Radish
Hui Hui Grill Action Station:
- Local Island Chicken, Garlic Fried Rice, Wok Fried Choi Sum with Crispy Shallots, Roasted Vegetable Curry
Kiawe Wood BBQ Station:
- Korean BBQ Kalbi Ribs, Chinese Steamed Mongchong with Ginger and Scallion
- Real Above-Ground Kalua Pig Live Carving Station
- Royal Hawaiian Bread Pudding, Pink Haupia Cake, Halo-Halo Flan Waialua Estate Chocholate-Coffee Tiramisu
Gluten Free Menu
Royal Hawaiian Luau
Aha'aina Royal Hawaiian Luau
Royal Hawaiian Luau Location
Royal Hawaiian Hotel Aerial
Hawaiian Cultural Demonstrations
All-You-Can-Eat Luau Buffet
Hawaiian Luau Dances
- Where and When:
- Check-in begins at 5:00 pm (Cocktail Seating checks in/begins seating at 7:00 pm) at the Royal Hawaiian, 2259 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815 View Map
- There is a 72 hour cancellation policy for this activity. Within 72 hours of your luau date there is no cancellations or refunds.
- Special Notes:
- A child (0-4 yrs) is free when they sit in the lap of an adult. These children do not include their own plate but are welcome to pick off the adult's plate.
You should select the pricing "Per Child in Own Seat, with Plate (0-4 yrs)" if you would like the child (0-4 yrs) to have their own seat (including siting in a highchair) and plate. Please note if the child with a seat will need a highchair, the luau will do their best to provide one but they may be limited.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday & Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Royal Hawaiian