Experience Nutridge Luau
Visit an Oahu luau during your vacation on the island. Experience Nutridge Luau is one of the best! Taking place at the historic Nutridge Estate on a scenic mountaintop overlooking Waikiki, you’ll enjoy beautiful sunset and city views. The luau grounds are surrounded by a tropical forest, the perfect spot for a traditional Hawaiian luau!
Experience Nutridge luau includes interactive activities and cultural presentations, including the Hawaiian imu (underground oven) ceremony, which demonstrates how the ancient Hawaiians cooked their foods in an earthen oven. As the evening continues, all guests are invited to enjoy a delicious farm-to-table buffet dinner featuring a variety of island-style delicacies, such as roast pork and chicken.
Following dinner, sit back and enjoy an exciting Polynesian show. Unlike other Oahu luaus, Experience Nutridge Luau isn’t a big production, so you’ll enjoy a homestyle backyard luau with a more intimate atmosphere.
- Authentic Hawaiian homestyle luau with beautiful mountaintop views
- Receive a kukui nut lei and welcome drink upon arrival
- Four hours of interactive activities, including cultural workshops and makahiki (games)
- Traditional imu (underground oven cooking) demonstration
- Limited group size offers everyone "front row" involvement
- Local-style cuisine, farm-to-table dinner
- Breathtaking views stretching from downtown Honolulu to the Waianae mountain range
Farm to Table Dinner Menu:
- Sweet Bread: King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread with Butter on the side
- Local Nalo Greens: Fresh Local Greens served with Lilikoi (Passionfruit) and Pineapple Sesame Dressing
- Lau Lau: Pork & Sweet Potato Wrapped in Steamed Luau Leaves
- Sticky Rice: Local Style White Rice
- Kalua Pua'a: Pork Cooked in Authentic Imu (Underground Pit)
- Moa Pulehu: Sweet and Smokey Grilled BBQ Style Chicken
- Taro Loco Moco: Dave's Taro Burgers served with Sautéed Onions and Mushroom Gravy
- Pineapple: Fresh Tropical Gold Pineapple from Dole on Oahu
- Lilikoi Bar: Passionfruit Purée on Shortbread Cookie Crumble
- Haupia: Coconut Based Hawaiian Dessert
We do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) upon request 24 hours in advance.
**Guests 21 and over must present a picture ID to order or consume drinks**
Authentic Hawaiian Luau
Experience Nutridge Luau
- Where and When:
WITH ROUNDTRIP TRANSPORTATION FROM WAIKIKI
Hotel pick-up is available from select locations in Waikiki with departure times ranging from 3:00 - 3:40 pm depending on the departure location. Transportation is in comfortable, air-conditioned mini-tour vans. Look for a mini tour van & escort who will be dressed in a red & yellow uniform. The exact departure time and location will be emailed to you. We will select the closest location to your accommodation available.
Check in at 3:45 pm at Experience Nutridge Luau, 3280 Round Top Dr, Honolulu, HI 96822 View Map
From Waikiki, the drive time is about 25 - 35 minutes depending on traffic. We suggest leaving by 3:15pm.
Heading towards the valley on Punahou St. turn left on Wilder Ave. Turn right on Makiki St and stay on Makiki St which will turn into Round Top Dr. (do not turn onto Makiki Heights Drive). Follow Round Top Dr. for about 5 minutes until you see the Pu'u Ualaka'a State Park (just past the Manoa Valley lookout) Enter through the large yellow gate and drive straight ahead. Parking is outside of the front entrance.
Luau ends at approximately 8:00 pm.
- If you have limited mobility please be sure to let us know. There is an ATV vehicle normally available specifically for the use of transporting guests with mobility issues so they can be with the group and not left out.
- If you have limited mobility, please be sure to let us know. There is an ATV vehicle normally available specifically for the use of transporting guests with mobility issues so they can be with the group and not left out.
- Special Notes:
- Infants do receive their own plate and chair at the luau. On transportation the luau does ask for children 0-3 to be placed in the lap of an adult (there are no requirements for child seats for the tour van that is used).
Transportation sells out well in advance. Please book with transportation when making your reservation as you may not be able to add it on later. If you are unable to add to cart, transportation is sold out.
- Operation Days:
- Daily except Monday & Saturday
- 4 hours
- Maximum of 34 guests. Private buyouts may be available at larger group sizes (call for details).