Gunstock Ranch - Sunset Rides
Ride along through Ko'olau Mountain trails with occasional ocean views with Gunstock Ranch! Gunstock is a working 400 acre cattle ranch with some of Oahu's best horseback riding trails.
Sunset Ride offers the unique opportunity to see and enjoy beautiful
Hawaiian sunset skies from atop a horse. This 1.5 hour ride is perfect
for all ages and experiences. The Sunset Ride is a walking only ride.
Sunset Dinner Ride
Sunset Dinner Ride includes all the views of the Sunset Ride but also
offers a scrumptious meal. Dinner is enjoyed around a campfire, weather
permitting. If the weather doesn't permit you to eat at the campfire,
you'll be taken over to the covered pavilion to enjoy dinner and
- Boneless Short Rib w/ Kalbi Sauce – Braised short rib,
barbecued for a light searing and glazed in a cast iron pan with
- Pan-Seared Chicken – Jidori-style, organically raised,
free-range chicken is pan-seared, then baked with mirin-ginger
- Island-Style Mac-Nut Mahi Mahi – Mahi Mahi (island
fish) crusted with basil and macadamia nuts, then baked until
crispy and served with papaya salsa
All meals are served with salad, ulu mash (local mashed potatoes) and a Hawaiian Sun fruit drink and bottled water.
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to scheduled tour time.
Sunset Dinner Ride Time: 4:30 pm
Sunset Ride Times: 4:30 pm (January to March), 5:30 pm (April to September) and 4:00 pm (October to December)
Gunstock Ranch is located at 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96731. View Map
- Weight limit is 240 lbs.
Minimum age to participate is 7.
Parents and guardians must sign for minor children 7-17 years of age.
No pregnant riders.
All riders must abide by the trail guides instructions.
- Special Notes:
- Facilities at the stables do not have lockers or storage for valuables. Please limit your items to your pocket or fanny pack.
- Operation Days:
- Available daily except Sundays and major holidays.
- 1.5 Hours for Sunset Ride
2.5 Hours for Sunset Dinner Ride
- Gunstock Ranch