Makani Kai Helicopters - Pali Makani Flight
The Pali Makani Flight is a 30 minute Oahu Helicopter Tour. The Pali Makani Flight is the most popular Oahu helicopter tour. This Oahu Helicopter Tour offers an amazing combination of history and wilderness. You will travel along the south coast towards Waikiki and Diamond Head Crater. The helicopter will circle Hanauma Bay, the popular snorkeling location, then continue with miles of white sandy beaches along the east coast, as well as a breathtaking view of the Ko’olau mountain chain, and the historically important Nu’uanu Pali Pass. The last part of your journey takes you over tropical valleys back to the starting point of your trip with views of Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial before landing.
Pearl Harbor Arizona Memorial
Map of covered area
- Where and When:
- Morning: Departure between 9:00 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: Departure between 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm
Afternoon: Departure after 2:00 pm
Complimentary roundtrip transportation from Waikiki area hotels is available. Please select the transportation option at time of booking to request it. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
If you are driving to the airport yourself, check in 30 minutes prior to your departure time at Honolulu International Airport, 130 Iolana Place, Honolulu, HI 96819
- You must bring your picture identification for security purposes.
- Passengers weighing over 250 pounds (113 kg) may be charged an additional fee equal to one half the tour cost. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) may be charged for an additional seat.
First Class seating is only sold in pairs (2 seats must be purchased). An individual First Class passenger's weight must not exceed 180 lbs (81 kg). The combined weight of two First Class passengers must not exceed 345 lbs (156 kg).
Children under the age of 2 years fly free and must sit on adult's lap.
- Special Notes:
- The A-Star seats a total of 6 passengers, 2 in front with the pilot and a bench seat that seats 4 in the back.
Open Seating: Open seating would be best described as Available seating, meaning you will be seated either in the front or the rear of the helicopter (based on your body weight) to safely balance the aircraft for flight.
First Class Seating: The first class seats are guaranteed. They are the 2 seats up front with the pilot.
- Operation Days:
- 30 minutes
- Magnum Helicopters
- 6 passengers
- The Eurocopter AS350 (A-Star) allows passengers to relax and enjoy a comfortable ride with a spectacular view. This aircraft was designed expressly for touring, with a spacious, wide open, air-conditioned cabin, Bose noise canceling headsets, two-way communication between passengers and pilot, extra windows for premium viewing, and a DVD recording system to provide a memorable souvenir of the helicopter tour.