Real Tropical Excursion
Experience one of the most scenic excursions on the island. The breathtaking Ko’olau Mountains follow you on this 9 mile, half-day hike. Take in magnificent views of tropical settings, Windward Oahu, steep cliffs and gullies, and an ideal mix of native flora, fauna. Birds and lush tropical growth are abundant! Spectacular sights and Hawaiian culture await you on this excursion.
Includes Water and a plate lunch after the hike.
Hiking this 9 mile trail requires guests to be in good physical conditions. We do no recommend it for young children. Some climbing is required but rewarded with spectacular mountain, ocean and valley views. The final third of the trail is generally faster and easier, moving downhill.
- Where and When:
- Pickup from Waikiki/ Kuhio Beach hotels starting at 7:30 am
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by at least one parent of legal guardian.
- We do not recommend our excursions or tours to children under 8.
- Special Notes:
- Please bring/wear: Hiking/tennis shoes (old), shorts/pants (jeans okay), small towel, glasses, hat/visor, camera, sunscreen. We provide lunch (Fresh fruit or Subway sandwich), water, daypack (1 per family),walking stick, and two pairs of binoculars to be shared among the group.
- Operation Days:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- 6.5 hours (Hiking Time 5-6 hours)
- The Real Hawaii Eco-Cultural Excursions
- 12 people