Piiholo Ranch - Zipline Tour
Located near Makawao in Upcountry Maui, Piiholo Ranch is home to several fun ziplines, including the longest side-by-side zipline in Hawaii. On this zipline adventure, you’ll take off from a 42-foot high tower and cross over deep gulches and green ranchlands on the slopes of Mt. Haleakala. The zipline trek has lines that range in length from 480 feet to over half a mile!
Choose from a 4 Line Tour or a 5 Line Tour:
4 Line Zip Tour:
- Includes lines 1, 2, 3 and 6 – ziplines are 420 feet to over 1,000 feet long
- Zipline heights range from 42 feet to almost 200 feet above the ground
- Lines 1-3 take off from 42-foot high towers
- Almost 2 hours of fun zipping across trees, gulches and green ranchland
- Going 2 at a time, side-by-side on a dual-line course
5 Line Zip Tour:
- Includes lines 1,2,3,4 and 5
- Lines 1-4 take off from 42-foot high towers
- Line 5 starts at ground level on Piiholo Hill and is 2,800 feet long – the longest side-by-side zipline in the state
- Almost 3 hours of fun zipping across trees, gulches and green ranchland
- Zipline 1-3 are the same as on the 4 Line Tour, but it heads in a different direction at line 4, zipping down a 1,420-foot line to the base of Piiholo Hill
- A ranch vehicle will take you to the top of Piiholo Hill to enjoy the great panoramic views
- Final zip is a grand finale, which is at times 600 feet high
Note: For those who don’t wish to zip, walk-along tours are available to accompany family members or friends.
- Where and When:
- All zipline guests check in at the Piiholo Ranch Zipline check-in building, located at 799 Piiholo Rd, Makawao, HI 96768.
The 4 Line Zip is offered at 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
The 5 Line Zip is offered at 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm.
Check-in is 45 minutes before your tour.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
Children between 8-15 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on tour. Adolescents between 16 & 17 years old must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver to participate.
Weight must be between 75 - 275 pounds for ziplining. Weight limits are strictly enforced and each guest will be weighed at check-in.
All participants must be capable of moderate to advanced physical activity and be able to walk over uneven, muddy terrain, as well as ascend and descend steeply inclined terrain and/or short climbs.
Participants must not have neck, back, shoulder, knee, ankle injuries, heart conditions, or recent surgeries.
All guests must sign a waiver to participate.
Pregnant women are not allowed to zipline.
Participants must not scuba dive within 24 hours before the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Participants must wear closed-toed shoes.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily. Closed on Thanksgiving afternoon, New Year's morning and Christmas Day.
- 4 line - approx. 2 hrs
5 line - approx. 3 hrs
- Piiholo Ranch
- 4 line - max 12 guests
5 line - max 10 guests