Pacific Whale Foundation - Whale Watch Tour
Pacific Whale Foundation is a pioneer in whale research. Enjoy a 2 hour narrated whale watch led by certified marine naturalists. Pacific Whale Foundation is the first organization to offer educational whale watches on Maui.
- Informative and fun two-hour whale watch cruise
- Choose your departure harbor: Lahaina or Ma’alaea
- Led by certified marine naturalists who will share interesting facts
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
Pacific Whale Foundation Whale Watch cruises leave from both Ma‘alaea Harbor and Lahaina Harbor and take place 7am to 4pm on the hour. Don't forget your camera!
- Where and When:
- Check in 45 minutes prior to departure.
For tours departing from Lahaina Harbor, check in at the Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store at 612 Front Street in Lahaina View Map
For tours departing from Ma'alaea Harbor, Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, which shares a free parking lot with Maui Ocean Center, located at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku (GPS address). View Map
Parking at the Ma'alaea Harbor is NOT free.
- COVID POLICIES
We are committed to the highest sanitation standards and routinely clean our vessels throughout the trip. Staff will routinely remind guests to use our sanitizer stations, wash hands frequently and remain socially distanced, even during sightseeing and wildlife viewing.
Masks must be worn throughout the journey except while eating, drinking and snorkeling. Additional exceptions apply to children younger than two years of age.
Seats are pre-assigned to ensure proper distancing from other guests. We encourage guests to remain in their assigned section throughout the cruise.
Food and drink services have been modified to limit contact and minimize the potential transmission of germs or viruses.
To further limit unnecessary contact and exposure to others, we suggest guests bring their own snorkel equipment on snorkel cruises if possible. For guests who need to borrow snorkel equipment, our gear is thoroughly sanitized after every use.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Wheelchairs: Due to the design of Pacific Whale Foundation vessels none of the vessels are truly wheelchair accessible. Some vessels have really high steps so it is not suggested even with assistance to board from another member of your group due to the fact that vessel type is subject to change without
- Special Notes:
- Affordable rentals of binoculars and cameras are available. Snacks and refreshments (soda, juice, Maui Brewing Co. beer and wine) are available for purchase. Alcoholic beverages are for adults 21+ (must have valid picture ID).
- Operation Days:
- 2 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- Pacific Whale Foundation operates several whale watch vessels. From Lahaina Harbor, whale watch cruises are usually offered on the Ocean Discovery. The Ocean Odyssey, Ocean Voyager, and Ocean Liberty usually run out of Ma'alaea Harbor. Most vessels are spacious double-deck, eco-friendly catamarans. The Ocean Liberty is an eco-adventure yacht.