Pacific Whale Foundation - Ultimate Whale Watch
Come aboard the Ocean Explorer enjoy a whale watch cruise with Pacific Whale Foundation’s researchers and marine naturalist on board. With just 38 passengers on board and open air seating, you’ll have panoramic views of the humpback whales and the opportunity to interact with the marine naturalists and researchers on board.
Whale sightings are guaranteed. If you do not see whales, you will get a free ticket for one of Pacific Whale Foundation's classic whale watches.
- Whale watching cruise with guaranteed sightings (or go again free)
- Expert narration by Pacific Whale Foundation's certified marine naturalists
- Hydrophone for listening to the whales as they communicate
- Lunch: Fresh island fruit, grilled chicken or vegetable wraps, potato salad, Maui style chips, Chocolate chip cookies
- Unlimited water, juices and sodas available on board
- Adults age 21+ may enjoy 2 complimentary alcoholic drinks (e.g. Maui Brewery Company beer and wine)
- Downloadable selection of 30 favorite whale photos of Pacific Whale Foundation’s research team
- Free Marine Life Picture Card
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Check in 45 minutes prior to departure at the Pacific Whale Foundation's Ocean Store at the Ma'alaea Harbor Shops, which shares a free parking lot with Maui Ocean Center, located at 192 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku (GPS address). View Map
Parking at the Ma'alaea Harbor is NOT free.
- COVID POLICIES
We are committed to the highest sanitation standards and routinely clean our vessels throughout the trip. Staff will routinely remind guests to use our sanitizer stations, wash hands frequently and remain socially distanced, even during sightseeing and wildlife viewing.
Masks must be worn throughout the journey except while eating, drinking and snorkeling. Additional exceptions apply to children younger than two years of age.
Seats are pre-assigned to ensure proper distancing from other guests. We encourage guests to remain in their assigned section throughout the cruise.
Food and drink services have been modified to limit contact and minimize the potential transmission of germs or viruses.
To further limit unnecessary contact and exposure to others, we suggest guests bring their own snorkel equipment on snorkel cruises if possible. For guests who need to borrow snorkel equipment, our gear is thoroughly sanitized after every use.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Wheelchairs: This vessel is NOT wheelchair accessible.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Operates on Wednesdays from January 2 - March 27
- 3 hours
- Pacific Whale Foundation
- 38 passengers
- The Ocean Explorer is a 54-foot single deck catamaran and offers the perfect small group platform for whale watching and photography. With only 38 aboard and open air seating, you'll have unobstructed viewing of the humpback whales and the opportunity to interact with the naturalists and researcher on board. The vessel is equipped with his/hers bathrooms. Vessel may be exchanged due to scheduling or routine/unexpected maintenance if needed.