Aqua Adventure - Snuba and Snorkel
Aqua Adventure provides the Maui snorkeling and snuba experience of a lifetime! Aqua Adventure Snuba and Snorkel gives you TRUE personalized service while avoiding the crowds.
Aqua Adventure's Maui snuba & snorkel trip leaves from south Maui's Maalaea Harbor at 7:30am. This is about 30-45 minutes later than many of the other boats, but Aqua Adventure is FAST so that doesn't matter. Aqua Adventure is so fast that we can wave at the other groups as we pass them by on the way to Molokini Crater. Molokini Crater is a crescent-shaped island formed by a volcanic cinder cone located off the south Maui coast.
Look for Maui's acrobatic spinner and bottlenose dolphins along the way. They love to "bow ride" on the boat's wake and pressure wave as we cruise along at a brisk 22 knots. Whalewatching is included on all trips during whale season (December - April).
When we arrive at Molokini, your instructor will show you how to use your equipment, go over some essential safety points and then it is into the water!
Next go to "Turtle Arches", located off the Makena Coast. Upon arrival, we will invite you to fix yourself a delicious deli-style lunch with a wide assortment of sandwich fixin's!
Many of Turtle Arches' green sea turtles will approach quite close because they are used to divers. However the turtles are one of Hawaii's protected marine species and you are not permitted to touch or "ride" the turtles.
Our guests are welcome to snorkel only, but if you want to go beyond snorkeling, then you should try SNUBA! Snuba allows you to explore Maui's underwater world safely, easily and up close.
Snuba is a patented system that connects you and your dive companion to an inflatable raft. The raft follows you along the surface supporting your air tank. Snuba Diving allows you to dive to a depth of 20 ft. Snuba is a thrill your entire family can enjoy together. It is probably the simplest, most fun introduction to the thrills of scuba diving there is. No prior experience is required. It only takes a short 15 minute lesson. If you are at least eight years old and in good health, Snuba is for you.
- High Quality Snorkel and Snuba Gear
- Personalized Service
- Certified Instructors and Guided Dives
- Two Snorkeling Destinations off Maui
- Three Hours of Water Time
- Continental Breakfast
- Build your Own Deli Lunch
- Bar (Beer, Mai Tais, Wine, and Soda)
Maui Snuba and Snorkel
- Where and When:
- Check-in Time: 6:45 am. Departure Time: 7:15 am. Return: 12:00 pm
LOCATION: Maalaea Harbor Slip 51 - Mountain-side of the harbor, just below the Beach Bums restaurant.
- Minimum age to SNUBA is 8 years.
This tour has a special 72 hour cancellation policy (must cancel at least 72 hours before the activity to get a full refund).
Tour may be cancelled if the minimum number of 10 participants is not met.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- 4.5 hours
- Aqua Adventure
- The Aqua Adventure is a 2003 model twin engine high speed vessel powered by two 350 horse Cummins diesels that push her along at 22 knots. She has an upper sun deck, lower shaded deck and a walk around cabin that gives you access to the bow. There is plenty of seating. We are certified to carry 49 passengers but take no more than 40 to insure more than enough room for everyone. The swimstep is user friendly with 2 stair-like ladders for easy access in and out of the water. There are 2 fresh water showers to rinse the salt off after you are done playing in the water for the day.