Wailele Polynesian Luau - Westin Maui
Wailele Luau is set to reopen in December 2023!
The Westin Resort and Spa Polynesian Wailele Luau presents an eclectic and exhilarating Polynesian performance. The performance includes a delicious dinner and a heart-stopping fire knife dance finale.
The Wailele Luau showcases colorful costumes, traditional and authentic dances and songs. Three-time Merrie Monarch winner Kamaka Kukowa with show choreographer Reri Septirno have redesigned Wailele Luau at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa. Held outdoors at the Isle Valley Terrace in lush tropical gardens, the dinner show utilizes the elements of earth, fire and water to reflect the rich Polynesian culture through superb performances with vibrant costumes.
The new Isle Valley Terrace with an intimate seeting of tropical gardens presents the uncompromising views for guests to embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands where dance was considered not just as a form of entertainment, but as means of telling stories. Highlights include the story of Pele, Goddess of Fire and a new performance dedicated to Wailele (meaning waterfalls). The show also features dances from Hawaii, Fiji, Tahiti, New Zealand and Samoa. The breathtaking finale is none other than Maui's only extreme fire-knife dance performance led by fire-knife dance champion Martin Tevaga.
Enjoy a superb Hawaiian meal served buffet style with traditional selections for an authentic experience. The two-and-a-half-hour show includes a free flow of drinks all evening with Mai Tai using Maui Pineapple Rum, signature cocktails, local beers, sodas and fruit juices.
The Wailele Luau at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa includes a shell lei greeting for all guests. The complete buffet dinner, open bar and show featuring the Fire Knife Finale are included with the price of your reservation.
Ohana Seating: Table assignments are based on when your reservations were booked. Seating is behind the premium section.
Premium Seating: Table assignments are based on when your reservations were booked. Seating is closer to the stage.
- Lei greeting (may be unavailable during regulations)
- Embark on an exciting journey to the Polynesian Islands – storytelling through music
- Delicious dinner and open bar - food service is served family style at each table during social distancing practices
- Polynesian show, including Maui’s most extreme troupe of fire-knife dancers
Luau Buffet Menu:
- Kim Chee with won bok cabbage
- Cucumber Namasu with maui onion & wakame
- Kula Island Greens with papaya seed dressing
- Ka'anapali Somen Salad with cucumber, kamaboko, & sesame vinaigrette
- Seared Ahi Tataki with truffle ponzu
- Lomi Lomi Salmon with kamuela tomato & maui onion
- Maui Gold Pineapple
- Hawaiian Potato Salad
- Kalua Pua'a Slow Roasted Pork with moloka'i sweet potato & haupia butter glaze
- Kalbi Chicken with maui vegetable yakisoba
- Steamed Opakapaka with chinese style sizzling soy, wok vegetables, and local style spam fried rice
- Liliko Cheesecake
- Ube Butter Mochi
- Maui Gold Pineapple Fosters Cake
- Gluten Free Macadamia Chocolate Decadence
Menu is subject to change without notice. All items made in a kitchen where nuts are present. If there is a food allergy/meal request, please notate it next to your party name and if it is for a child or adult.
Wailele Luau Seating Chart:
- Where and When:
- After entering the Westin Maui Resort and Spa through the main entrance, make a left in the main lobby. Continue down the Art Walk past the gift shops and Business Center, then make a right at the end of the corridor. Guests will be checked in at the entrance of the Aloha Pavilion.
April 1st - September 30th: Check-in time is 5:30 pm. The line usually begins forming by 5:15 pm. Luau ends around 8:30 pm.
October 1st - March 31st: Check-in time is 5:00 pm. The line usually begins forming by 4:45 pm. Luau ends around 8:00 pm.
- For those with strict dietary allergies or needs, please notify us ASAP so we can try to accommodate them.
- Prices, dates, times and menu subject to change without notice.
Hotel reserves the right to cancel the luau no later than 12:00 pm on the event day due to pending weather conditions or other restrictions.
For those with strict dietary allergies or needs, please notify us as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate them.
- Special Notes:
- The luau offers $15 self-parking validation. Alternatively, pay parking is available at the Whalers Village next to the resort. Parking rates at Whalers Village are $6.00 per hour (subject to change without notice). You may be able to get the parking ticket validated if you shop at Whalers Village prior to the luau. Complimentary shuttle service is available for guests staying at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas and The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday
- 3 hours
- Wailele Luau