Royal Lahaina (Myths of Maui) Luau
Experience the magic at this cultural celebration of the dance, music and traditional festivities of the Hawaiian and Polynesian people.
Each evening, as spectacular sunsets color the sky over blue seas and highlight the silhouettes of Molokai and Lanai in the background, Old Hawaii beckons at the best oceanfront location in Maui. Royal Lahaina Luau invites you to join their ohana (family) where you will enjoy an evening of traditional Hawaiian celebrations.
Upon arrival at the award-winning Royal Lahaina Luau, you will be welcomed with a lei greeting and be offered a Mai Tai as the dazzling sunset unfolds before your eyes.
Make sure you arrive early so you don't miss the authentic Imu (underground oven) Ceremony, where Kalua Pig, the evening's main course, is unearthed. You will then enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner and open-bar throughout the night.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar & luau show. Tables are pre-assigned by date of booking. Tables are ohana (family) style and can seat more than one family per table (up to 12 guests per table).
VIP Luau: Reserved seating area, flower lei for ladies and kukui nut lei for gentlemen, first set of tables to begin dinner service, complimentary premium drinks. Tables are first four rows closest to the stage and forward facing.
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Delicious all-you-care-to-eat luau buffet dinner
- Fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Photos with the luau dancers with option to purchase photos
- Awe inspiring full cast fire finale
Luau Dinner Menu:
- Teriyaki Luau Chicken
- Kalua Pork (gluten free)
- Asian Steamed Mahi
- Chicken Nuggets
- Mixed Green Salad
- Papaya Seed Dressing (vegan/gluten free)
- Ranch Dressing
- Macaroni Salad (vegetarian)
- Pineapple Wedges (vegan/gluten free)
- Furikake Jasmine Rice (gluten free)
- Haupia Coconut Pudding (vegan/gluten free)
A tofu veggie stir fry entrée (vegan and/or gluten free) is available upon request with 24 hour advance notice.
Open bar: Features a great selection of complimentary tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages. $5 per drink for premium alcohol or frozen blended drinks.
Please note: Menu is subject to change without notice.
Royal Lahaina Luau Location
Kaanapali Beach Luau
- Where and When:
- VIP: Check-in at 5:00 pm for VIP ticket holders, as ticket provides early access. Gates open at 5:15 pm.
GENERAL: Check-in at 5:15 pm. Entry will begin at 5:45 pm.
Dinner service 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm.
Luau pre-show begins at 6:15 pm and the luau performance will take place from 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm.
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
- By entering an event or program of the Myths of Maui Luau, you are entering an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur. Your entry and presence on the event premises constitutes your consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded and to the release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction of any and all recorded media of your appearance, voice, and name for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity in connection with the Myths of Maui Luau and its initiatives, including, by way of example only, use on websites, in social media, news and advertising.
By entering the event premises, you waive and release any claims you may have related to the use of recorded media of you at the event, including, without limitation, any right to inspect or approve the photo, video or audio recording of you, any claims for invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, defamation, and copyright infringement or for any fees for use of such record media.
You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance on this consent. If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the event premises.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $10.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500