Royal Lahaina (Myths of Maui) Luau
Experience the magic at this cultural celebration of the dance, music and traditional festivities of the Hawaiian and Polynesian people.
Each evening, as spectacular sunsets color the sky over blue seas and highlight the silhouettes of Molokai and Lanai in the background, Old Hawaii beckons at the best oceanfront location in Maui. Royal Lahaina Luau invites you to join their Ohana (family) where you will enjoy an evening of traditional Hawaiian celebrations.
Upon arrival at the award-winning Royal Lahaina Luau, you will be welcomed with a lei greeting and be offered a Mai Tai as the dazzling sunset unfolds before your eyes.
Make sure you arrive early so you don't miss the authentic Imu (underground oven) Ceremony, where Kalua Pig, the evening's main course, is unearthed. You will then enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet dinner and open-bar throughout the night.
General Luau: Aloha shell lei greeting, dinner, open bar, & luau show.
VIP Luau: Bypass the entry line and proceed directly to the luau entrance, 15 minute earlier entry to the luau, front section seating, flower lei for paid ladies and kukui nut lei for paid gentlemen, first set of tables to
begin dinner service, open bar, & luau show.
Show Only: See the show without the dinner portion! The Show only package includes an aloha shell lei greeting, open seating (no VIP available), and open bar!
- Hawaiian luau, conveniently located on Kaanapali Beach
- Fresh shell lei greeting and cultural presentations
- Imu ceremony to unearth the Pua'a Kalua (roast pig) from the in-ground oven
- Delicious luau buffet dinner and fabulous live entertainment with grand fire-knife dance finale
- Island's only keiki buffet
- Live Hawaiian music
- Free photo opportunities with the luau dancers
- Includes an open bar (Mai Tai and other tropical cocktails, beer, wine and a variety of non-alcoholic beverages)
Vegetarian (V), Gluten Free (GF)
- Green Salad (V/GF)
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island (V) or Papaya Seed Dressing (V/GF)
- Banana Mandarin Macadamia Nut Salad (V/GF): Fruit Salad
including Banana, Mandarin Oranges, Coconut Flakes, Macadamia Nuts mixed
together with Mayonnaise
- Macaroni Salad (V): Combination of Elbow Macaroni Nodles, Mayonnaise, Shredded Carrots, Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- Asian Shrimp Salad: Fresh Watercress, Bean Sprouts,
Cucumber, Celery, Carrots, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Onions and Shrimp with
- Cucumber Namasu (V/GF): Tangy Asian Mixture of Cucumber, Carrots, Onions and Rice Vinegar
- Lomi Lomi Salmon (GF): Hawaiian Recipe of Salted Salmon, Onions and Tomatoes
- Poi (V/GF): Hawaiian Delicacy, Pounded Taro Root with Water
- Pan Fried Noodles (V): Chow Mein Noodles Pan Fried with Onions, Carrots, Celery, Garlic, Chives and Soy Sauce
- Fried Rice (V/GF): Rice, Pan Fried with Peas, Carrots, Garlic, Onions and Soy Sauce
- Huli Chicken on Veggie Long Rice Noodles (GF): Recipe of Chicken,
Veggies and Long Rice Noodles Marinated in an Asian Influenced Sauce and
- Sesame Honey Island Fish w/ Spinach and Mango Coconut Sauce (GF):
Sesame & Honey Basted Fish Broiled on Spinach, Topped with a Mango
Coconut Cream Sauce
- Kalua Pork (GF): Roasted Pork Cooked in the Imu, Underground Oven
- Teriyaki Beef (GF)
- Whole Kernel Corn (V/GF)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (V)
- Molokai Sweet Potato (V/GF): Purple Sweet Potato Variety that is Steamed and Served with Coconut Syrup and Flakes
Keiki (Children) Menu:
- Chicken Nuggets
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hot Dogs
- Potato Chips
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Frosting (V)
- White Cake with White Frosting and Coconut Shavings (V)
- Guava Cream Tarts (V): Filling Guava Jam and Vanilla Pudding on a Tart Crust
- Haupia (V/GF): Hawaiian Dessert of Gelatin Coconut Pudding
Special Needs Menu
Vegetarian, Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Peanut-free
Royal Lahaina Luau Location
Kaanapali Beach Luau
- Where and When:
- Check in and entry will begin at 5:00pm.
Dinner will start approximately 5:30pm - 5:45pm
Show will start approximately 6:15pm - 6:30pm depending on if all guests are settled at tables.
Check in Location:
Oceanfront Luau Gardens at Royal Lahaina Resort.
All payments must be contact-less.
All guests must wear masks while not seated at their table. Gators, Bandanas & face shields are not approved PPE and will not meet the mask requirements.
Any guests who are experiencing symptoms, feverish, or have a fever are asked to refrain from attending the luau.
Seating is Family style with a maximum of 10 guests per table. Larger parties will have to be split between tables. Please no mingling with people who are not in your party.
Please maintain social distancing standards from other parties and staff members wherever possible.
The buffet will have attendants to serve food to guests.
There will be no walk up bar service. Drinks will be ordered and served at the table.
All service staff will wear masks and follow sanitation and safety guidelines. (Performers are not required to wear masks on stage.)
Sanitizer stations will be available on luau grounds and high contact areas are to be sanitized prior to and after each show.
Photos with luau performers may be suspended until further notice.
- Special Notes:
- There is a $5.00 fee per car for parking paid at the gate.
Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate for standard seating. Lap children and/or free children is not valid for VIP tickets. If the adults attending have VIP tickets, the child will also need a VIP ticket.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday
- 3 hours
- Royal Lahaina Luau
- Approximately 500