Hike Maui - Kayak, Snorkel & Waterfall Hike
Do it all in one adventure with Hike Maui and Hawaii Activities Discount! Kayak along ocean cliffs, snorkel in beautiful waters, hike in a rainforest and swim under cascading waterfalls. On the ocean: kayak along the rugged sea cliffs of West Maui and snorkel with large green turtles. Next, you will be taken from ocean to rainforest to hike a remote valley in West Maui. The hike is moderately easy 1 mile roundtrip along a rainforest stream to spectacular waterfalls and small pools. The trip ends under a 20 ft waterfall in an isolated, magical spot.
Hike Maui Kayak, Snorkel and Waterfall Hike includes lunch.
OLOWALU off Honoapi`ilani Highway 30
Directions From Lahaina side: South on Highway 30. Go just past the 15 mile marker. Look for a small blue sign “Camp Pecusa” followed by a house and 50-ft guardrail on the ocean side. Look for Kayak trailers on the right. Pull over on the beach. The Kayak guide will be wearing a t-shirt saying “Kelii’s Kayak Tours.”
Directions From Kihei-Wailea-Makena side:North on Pi’ilani Highway (Highway 31). Left onto Highway 30. Go ¾-mile past the 14-mile marker. Look for Kayak trailers on the left-- on the beach -- park on the beach. The Kayak guide will be wearing a t-shirt saying “Kelii’s Kayak Tours.”
- 2.5 hours of ocean kayaking along West Maui’s scenic coastline
- Snorkel with Hawaii's green sea turtles
- Enjoy a short rainforest hike (1 mile roundtrip) to two waterfalls and pools where you can swim and jump from rock ledges
- Delicious lunch, snacks and bottled water
- Knowledgeable tour guide who will share interesting facts
- Backpack, rain gear, bug repellent
- Where and When:
- Most Sundays & Holidays: Meet at 7:15 am at Makena Landing. Tour returns at 2:15 pm. View Map
Most Days: Meet at 7:15 am at Ukumehame Beach. Tour returns at 2:15 pm. View Map
Directions from Wailea / Makena / Kihei: Drive north on Hwy 31. Past Kaiwahine Street move to the left lane and go left towards Lahaina onto Hwy 310 North. At the end of 310 turn left onto Hwy 30. Look for Mile Marker 12 on the mountain side of the road. Ukumehame Beach will be a small parking lot on the ocean side of the road. Park there. Let the kayak guide know you are with Hike Maui and they will direct you from there.
Directions from Lahaina / Kaanapali / Kapalua: Head south on Hwy 30 as if you're going back to Kahului Airport. Once you pass Olowalu General Store it will be about 3 more miles. Look for Mile Marker 12 on the mountain side of the road. Ukumehame Beach will be a small parking lot on the ocean side of the road. Park there. Let the kayak guide know you are with Hike Maui and they will direct you from there.
- Parties of 7+ will be accessed a $200.00 gratuity at the time of reservation.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Special Notes:
- We suggest shorts and shirt for hiking, swimsuit under clothes for swimming, sneakers or sport sandals. Please bring sunscreen and a towel.
- Operation Days:
- 7 hours
- Hike Maui
- Tour might be canceled if fewer than 4 guests have signed up for the tour on any given day.
- Equipment provided: day packs, mosquito repellant, rain wear, first aid, bottled water,
fresh island fruit, sandwiches (veggie garden burger, turkey, peanut butter & jam)