Hike Maui - Ultimate Hana Full-Day Adventure
Adventure to Kipahulu Valley - Maui’s ultimate waterfall wonderland. The hike is a moderate 4.5 miles through streams and forests in the national park. Experience ‘Ohe‘o Gulch & Stream - Maui’s most magnificent scenery. View a beautiful network of pools and cascading waterfalls 45 ft, 200 ft, 400 ft and more. See a large rainforest and acres of towering bamboo. Circle East Maui during the van ride, driving both the famous Hana Highway and the little known country road through Kaupo.
Lunch and snacks are included on the Hike Maui Full Day Waterfalls Rainforest Hike.
Kahului Park & Ride: (Highway 380 / Highway 350) Dairy Road & Pu`unene Ave
Directions From Lahaina side:South on Highway 30. Turn rt at Highway 380. Go five on Highway 380. Look on the left side for Park & Ride. Make a left turn into the parking lot. You’ve gone 100 yds too far if you get to the traffic light with large gray and blue church on rt. Look for a green Hike Maui van.
Directions From Kihei-Wailea-Makena side:North on Pi’ilani Highway (Highway 31). Turn rt onto Mokulele Highway (Highway 311) toward Kahului. Follow Mokulele Highway for 10-12 minutes. Turn left onto Highway 380. There is a large blue/gray church on your rt. Go 200 yds and turn rt into a commuter parking lot. There is a small parking sign saying Park & Ride. Look for a green Hike Maui van.
- Drive the famous Road to Hana (Hana Hwy), a 2.5-hour
scenic drive from Central Maui with plenty of fantastic views
along the way
- Circle East Maui on the van ride to and from the trailhead
- Enjoy a moderate 4.5 mile hike in the Hana area
- See several waterfalls: 45 feet, 200 feet and 400 feet cascades
- Walk through acres of towering bamboo and rainforest
- Nutritious lunch, snacks and water
- Knowledgeable tour guide who will share interesting facts
- Backpack, rain gear, bug repellent
- Where and When:
- Includes hotel pick-up or meet at 7:00 am at Kahului Park & Ride (View Map). The Park & Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311. If requesting hotel pick-up, the exact pick-up time will be emailed to you.
Directions from Wailea / Makena / Kihei (the south side of the island): From Hwy 31 (Piilani Hwy) head north. Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311. After 10 minutes, look for a big church (King's Cathedral), then move into left lane. Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy). Go 200 yards and turn right into Park & Ride commuter lot. Park your car against a concrete block wall.
Directions from Lahaina / Kaanapali / Kapalua (the west side of the island): Head south on Hwy 30 as if you're going to Kahului Airport. Turn right onto Hwy 380. Five miles down 380 there's a concrete block wall on the left. Turn across highway into Park & Ride commuter lot against that wall.
- Parties of 10+ will be assessed a $200.00 gratuity at the time of their reservation.
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Special Notes:
Hike Maui has the following COVID-19 health & safety protocols:
Small groups: Tour capacity is 60% to allow for maximum physical distancing in their vans and on the hikes. Group sizes are limited to 8 hikers plus the tour guide.
Mask requirement: Guests are required to wear a mask while riding in the van and during parts of the tour where 6 feet of physical distancing isn't possible
Physical distancing: Guests will be asked to maintain 6 feet of physical distancing whenever possible on the tour.
Wellness checks: Guests and staff members are required to certify they are healthy and symptom-free with no known COVID-19 exposure and undergo a temperature check on the day of the tour.
Stringent cleaning: All high-touch surfaces are sanitized daily. Hand sanitizer is readily available for guests on the tour.
Vehicle Sanitation: Hike Maui sanitizes their fleet with Bioesque Botanical Disinfectant, an environmentally friendly, EPA-registered Broad-Spectrum Disinfectant on the American Chemistry Council's list of EPA pre-approved coronavirus-fighting products.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
- 11 hours
- Hike Maui
- Tour might be canceled if fewer than 4 guests have signed up for the tour on any given day.
- We provide day packs, rain wear, bottled water, mosquito repellant, first aid, fresh island fruit, sandwiches (veggie garden burger, peanut butter & jam, turkey)