Hike Maui - East Maui Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike
Hike one of the most popular valleys on the famous Hana Highway. This one of a kind valley has several waterfalls within a short distance of each other.
The 2 mile roundtrip hike is an easy to moderate hike through a mix of rainforest, bamboo, pasture, and fruit trees. Follow 2 streams to several waterfalls from 10-ft to 40-ft high. Swim in beautiful large pools underneath the waterfalls.
- Follow two streams and enjoy views of three to five gorgeous waterfalls
- Swim and jump (optional) into large waterfall pools
- Climb volcanic shelves at three of the falls to leap 10-15 feet off rock ledges
Sandwich Choices: Veggie, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Ham or Turkey
Kahului Park & Ride: (Hwy 380 / Hwy 350) Dairy Road & Pu`unene Ave
Directions From Lahaina side: South on Hwy 30. Turn rt at Hwy 380. Go 5 on Hwy 380. Look on the left side for Park & Ride. Make a left turn into the parking lot. If you get to the traffic light with a gray and blue church on the rt, you have gone 100 yards too far. Look for a green Hike Maui van.
Directions From Kihei-Wailea-Makena side: North on Pi’ilani Hwy (Hwy 31). Turn rt onto Mokulele Hwy (Hwy 311) to Kahului. Follow Mokulele Hwy for 10 to12 minutes. Turn left onto Hwy 380 (There is a blue and gray church on your rt.) Go 200 yds and turn rt into a commuter parking lot. There is a small parking sign (green letters) that says Park & Ride. Look for a green Hike Maui van.
- Where and When:
- Meet at 9:30 am at Kahului Park & Ride (View Map). The Park & Ride meeting location is along a large concrete wall with a single row of parking facing Hwy 380 west of Hwy 311.
Roundtrip transportation between the meeting location and south side hotels is available for an additional fee. If you select roundtrip transportation, pick-up is around 8:15-8:30 am.
Directions to Maui Mall for Cruise Ship Passenger Pick up: Maui Mall 9:15 am:
The tour departs from the Maui Mall which is a 10 minute walk from the cruise ship pier. As you exit from the harbor there is a security kiosk at the gate. (The harbor area is fenced.) Past this kiosk turn right and follow the pedestrian path, which is clearly marked. Continue through Gate 10D and keep following the path to Wharf Street where you turn left. Go across the big street (Ka'ahumanu Avenue) and walk through the Maui Malls parking lot. Wait at the bus shelter under the Maui Mall sign - thats where you will be picked up. Look for a van with Hike Maui on the side. We ask all guests to please plan to be at the designated departure location at least ten minutes before the departure time listed above.
Directions from Wailea / Makena / Kihei (the south side of the island): From Hwy 31 (Piilani Hwy) head north. Follow airport signs to Kahului, bearing right onto Hwy 311. After 10 minutes, look for a big church (King's Cathedral), then move into left lane. Turn left onto Hwy 380 (Kuihelani Hwy). Go 200 yards and turn right into Park & Ride commuter lot. Park your car against a concrete block wall.
Directions from Lahaina / Kaanapali / Kapalua (the west side of the island): Head south on Hwy 30 as if you're going to Kahului Airport. Turn right onto Hwy 380. Five miles down 380 there's a concrete block wall on the left. Turn across highway into Park & Ride commuter lot against that wall.
- Parties of 7+ will be assessed a $150.00 gratuity at the time of their reservation.
- Participants must be at least 6 years old.
- Special Notes:
- Please bring a towel & sunscreen.
Please wear shorts and shirt, sneakers or sport sandals for hiking, swimsuit under clothes for swimming.
- Operation Days:
- 5-6 hours
- Hike Maui
- Tour might be canceled if fewer than 2 guests have signed up for the tour on any given day.
- Tour includes bottled water, day packs, rain wear, mosquito repellant, first aid, fresh island fruit, sandwiches (turkey, veggie garden burger, peanut butter & jam)