Maui Downhill – Haleakala Bike and Winery Safari Tour
This Maui Biking tour combines the Maui Downhill bike adventure with a stop at Ulupakakua Ranch. After coasting down Haleakala, you will visit Maui’s only winery.
Meet at the base office in Kahului. Enjoy a Continental breakfast and hot beverages at our office location. You will be fitted with bicycle helmets and windbreakers for your comfort and safety. The safari van ascends to the top of Haleakala Ranch just outside of the National Park entrance (6500’ elevation level). Tour Guides go over a comprehensive safety briefing including Hawaii’s bicycle safety regulations and tour guidelines before you begin your descent down Haleakala, the world’s largest dormant volcano.
Enjoy bi-coastal panoramas of Maui’s central valley and West Maui Mountains. Several stops will be made during Haleakala Bike Rides to capture the beautiful landscape on film. Be sure to bring your camera! Haleakala safari guides will point out unique features of the mountain and Maui highlights.
Eucalyptus forests and the upcountry community of Kula with its lavender farms and Jacaranda tree lined roadways will complete the bicycle portion of your safari.
The Safari van tour takes you from above Pukalani and travels to Ulupalakua. We make a photo stop along the way. Walk around the grounds of Maui's only winery, Tedeschi Vineyard, and enjoy free tasting of local wines.
Stop at the Maui Lavendar Farm for a no-host lunch.
Spaces are limited! Book your Haleakala Bike Rides with Hawaii Vacations today!
Haleakala Bike and Winery Safari Tour
Maui Bicycle Tour
- Where and When:
- Meet at the base office in Kahului. 199 Dairy Rd (across from Sports Authority) View Map
- Competent riders only - please, no beginners. Must be 12 years or older. 5 feet tall guideline height. Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk and safety form
- No pregnant women allowed to bike on this tour.
No riders may participate with medical conditions that would adversely effect them in this activity.
Competent riders - please, no beginners
Must be 12 years of age or older.
5 feet tall guideline height.
Maximum weight for bike rider is 250 pounds.
Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form
- Special Notes:
- Due to Maui Downhill's contractual obligations, we are unable to accept bookings for this tour from cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 7-8 hours
- Maui Downhill
- Downhill bicycle and gear including helmets, windbreakers and gloves are provided.