Maui Downhill - Haleakala Summit Sunrise Tour
Maui Downhill has closed their doors.
Maui Mountain Bike Tours are a great way to see Maui. The Haleakala Summit Sunrise Safari Tour combines two fun Hawaii Activities. Experience an exciting Maui Downhill Bike Adventure and a guided tour of Haleakala National Park.
Your Maui Downhill journey begins with an early morning pickup. Before you Bike Down a Volcano Crater, a luxury coach tour takes you to the summit of Haleakala (10,023’). Here you will experience a stunning sunrise. It may be the most spectacular sunrise you will ever see. Next you will be taken on a tour of Haleakala National Park. Your friendly, informative tour guide will educate you with the history and legends of Haleakala.
Haleakala Bike Rides begin at the 6500’ elevation. Enjoy bi-coastal panoramas of Maui’s central valley and West Maui Mountains. Be sure to bring your camera! We will make several stops during Haleakala Bike Rides to capture the beauty on film.
Also enjoy an included breakfast normally held at Kama Hele Cafe.
All bike equipment and gear (gloves, windbreakers and helmets) are provided.
- Witness a spectacular sunrise on the summit of Mt. Haleakala
- Guided tour of Haleakala National Park
- Guided bicycle tour down Mt. Haleakala
- Breakfast included at Kama Hele Cafe (location subject to change)
- Roundtrip hotel shuttle service (or if you plan to drive out yourself, you may check in at the Maui Downhill office in Kahului)
- Entrance fee to Haleakala National Park
- Informative narration by professional tour guide
Haleakala Summit Sunrise Tour
Bike down Haleakala
- Where and When:
- Tour has a seasonal departure time and is usually between 3:30 am and 4:00 am.
Tour includes roundtrip transfer from your hotel. The exact pick-up time will be emailed to you.
If you plan to drive out yourself, check-in is at the Maui Downhill office at 199 Dairy Rd, Kahului, HI 96732 View Map
- Competent riders only - please, no beginners. Must be 12 years or older. 5 feet tall guideline height.
Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk and safety form.
- Bike Rider Restrictions:
No pregnant women or those with medical conditions that would adversely effect them.
No beginner bike riders.
Minimum age of 12 years.
Minimum height of 5 ft with a minimum inseam of 24 inches.
Maximum weight of 250lbs.
Riders must sign acknowledgement of risk & safety form.
Van Rider Restrictions (no bike riding):
Pregnant women may partake in the tour as a Van Rider.
Van Riders under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a Van Rider that is 18 years or older.
Minimum age to ride in the van is 7 years old.
- Special Notes:
- Due to Maui Downhill's contractual obligations, we are unable to accept bookings for this tour from cruise ship passengers.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday through Sunday
- 8-9 hours
- Maui Downhill
- Downhill bicycle and gear (windbreakers, gloves and helmets) are provided.