Kahoma Ranch ATV Tours in Maui
For popular Maui ATV tours and a one-of-a-kind experience, join Kahoma Ranch ATV tours. Ride in an All Terrain Vehicle through a cattle pasture and on private trails and dirt roads that are otherwise inaccessible. Enjoy the unspoiled West Maui Mountains on these Maui ATV tours. Experience spectacular views of Kaanapali, Lahaina Town, Lana‘i and Moloka‘i.
The Kahoma Ranch ATV tours take place on 600 acres and goes up to 1800 feet above sea level. Experience rugged terrain with tight turns, mud puddles, rocky roads, and stream crossing when water level permits. The trail has no paved roads, only natural dirt trails.
No ATV experience is necessary! Instructions and equipment orientation as well as a safety briefing are all provided. All drivers must take a proficiency course successfully after the orientation. Throughout the tour, the driver and passenger will have opportunities to switch off driving. Along the way, there are three or four places to stop, where you can rest and take beautiful pictures.
A lookout has been built into Kahoma Valley, called “The Garden”, where you can experience incredible views. We have planted local plants and posted educational signs throughout the garden. The stop at "The Garden" will be approximately 15 – 20 minutes with guides walking around the garden introducing the culture and native plants. Enjoy refreshments of granola/energy bars, fruits, and beverages. This is a great location for photo opportunities.
On this off-road adventure, make sure you are ready to get very dirty and possibly soaking wet. The driver controls how wet you get, depending on how they drive through steam and mud. Camouflage pants and a shirt are available to rent for a fee. If riding in a rental car, we recommend bringing a towel to sit on.
Kahoma Ranch ATV Tours
Maui ATV Adventure
West Maui Mountains
- Where and When:
- Tour times:
7:30 am - 9:30 am
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Check in 30 minutes prior to your tour time at the Kahoma Ranch Tours store at the Lahaina Gateway Shopping Center located at 305 Keawe St. (Unit 106-B), Lahaina, HI 96761 View Map
Driving Directions: Drive onto Hwy 30 toward Lahaina. Look for Safeway on your right hand side at the Lahaina Cannery Mall. Pass Safeway and take your next left into the Lahaina Gateway Center at the Keawe Street traffic light. Turn left into the Center.
- Drivers must be at least 16 years of age. 16 year old drivers are required to have an adult with a valid driver's license as a passenger. Children 5 years and up may ride as a passenger with an adult or a guide (based on availability). All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult responsible for the minor.
- All drivers must present a valid drivers license at check-in (mandatory for all drivers).
Drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid drivers license. 16 & 17 year old drivers must also be accompanied by an adult with a valid drivers license as a passenger.
Solo drivers solo must be at least 18 years old with a valid drivers license.
Children as young as 5 years old may ride as a passenger with a responsible adult or with a guide (based on availability).
Weight limit be vehicle is 500 lbs (227 kg).
Pregnant women or anyone with heart, neck or back problems are not allowed to participate.
- Special Notes:
- Following an orientation, all drivers must successfully drive a proficiency course. Both driver and passenger will have opportunities to switch off driving throughout the tour as there are 3 to 4 stops along the way for picture taking and resting.
- Operation Days:
- Tour is 2.5 hours. Includes 5-10 minute drive from check-in location to the barn and back.
- Kahoma Ranch ATV Tours
- Polaris Rangers two-seater vehicles featuring automatic transmission, a safety roll bar and 3 point safety harness.