Outfitters Kauai - Kipu Zipline Safari Tour
Outfitters Kauai and Hawaii Activities Discount invites you to come experience Kipu Zipline Safari, a day sure to be action packed! You will be kayaking, hiking, waterfalls, rope swings, and ziplining through Kipu Ranch. Also take a hayride across Kipu Ranch, and a ride on an exotic motorized canoe.
The Kauai Kipu Zipline Safari begins with a 2 mile kayak adventure on the serene Hule'ia River. Then hike the footpaths through Kauai's pristine tropical paradise. After the hike you will hop on board Outfitters Kauai's one of a kind wagon and take in the scenery of Kipu Ranch - see sights from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurassic Park. You will enjoy a delicious picnic lunch after the wagon ride. After lunch comes the Kauai ziplines! Soar past the Haupu Mountains & treetops on the 800' zipline. Traverse a rain forest valley on the suspension bridge. Walk through a hand carved tunnel that was created a century ago by Kipu Ranch cowboys. The 1800' tandem zipline is great fun as you share zipline excitement with a friend! With the center dismount you will be have 90 seconds of air time - be "in flight" for over a quarter mile. Cool off at the secluded wet and wild blue pool. The new water T-bar zipline alllows you to zip over refreshing waters then let go and SPLASH! The adventure ends with a short walk back to the riverside. Relax as Hawaiian style motorized canoes take you back.
- Fun downwind kayak trip on the Huleia River
- Short walk to a beautiful area of waterfalls and swimming holes
where you can swing like Tarzan into a pristine freshwater pool
- Covered wagon ride across Kipu Ranch
- Visit a waterfall for a swim there
- Option of swinging on ropes tied to tree branches high above mountain pools
- Fun river cruise on board of a motorized Hawaiian canoe
- Picnic lunch of turkey or veggie (roasted bell peppers) wrap and a pasta salad
- Fresh baked cookie
- Cold bottled water and Hawaiian Sun fruit drinks
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 9:00 am. Return is at 3:15 pm.
Check in at the Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor. View Map for Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack
- Minimum zipline age is 7. Younger kids are welcome to take the tour, but will not be able to zip. Parents/Guardians are responsible for making sure younger kids can navigate the terrain or carry them.
Minimum zipline weight: 60 lbs (27 kg)
Maximum zipline weight: 275 pounds (124 kg)
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles over uneven terrain and paddle in a tandem kayak for 60-90 minutes.
All participants must read and sign a voluntary release and waiver of liability prior to taking the tour.
- Special Notes:
- Bring a swimsuit, shorts, T-shirt, windbreaker or light rain coat, footwear with aggressive tread for muddy conditions (for example: sport-type sandals with heel straps or aqua socks with tread), sunscreen, hat, mosquito repellant and a waterproof camera.
All of the above mentioned items can also be bought at the Outfitters Kauai shop in Poipu.
In order to participate in this adventure, you must be able to walk 2 miles and kayak 60-90 minutes. For the zipline portion of the tour, you must be 7 years old.
No kayaking on Sundays
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Approx. 6 hours
- Outfitters Kauai