Kauai Backcountry Adventures - Kauai Tubing
Kauai Tubing is offered through Hawaii Activities Discount and is one of the most exhilarating activities you can participate in during your Hawaii vacation. Kauai Backcountry Tubing offers the incredible Tubing the Ditch Kauai adventure that is sure to create lasting memories. Kauai Tubing Adventures tend to fill up very quickly, so be sure to book your excursion as soon as possible. During your Hawaii Tubing activity, you’ll be able to observe the island’s incredible engineering feats as you cruise down the gorgeous waterway consisting of tunnels, open ditches and flumes—all hand-dug around 1870!
Kauai Backcountry presents you with the most exciting Kauai Tubing tour available on the island. Float through the Hawaii Tubing underworld with a bright headlamp to lead the journey as you glide through tunnels—this adventure is only offered through Kauai Backcountry Tubing. At the conclusion of your Tubing the Ditch Kauai adventure, you’ll be led to a majestic picnic area that’s ideal for a delicious lunch right next to a clear, natural swimming hole. When you purchase Kauai Tubing Adventures through Hawaii Activities Discount, you’re ensured to save a bundle.
Kauai Backcountry provides you with the chance to enjoy a Kauai Tubing ride down the amazing Lihue Plantation irrigation ditch and fascinating tunnel system. This system was once used to irrigate Kauai’s vast sugar crops that have been out of use since sugar was taken out of Hawaii’s production in 2000. It runs through some of Kauai’s most beautiful areas that offer vistas of the coastline, valleys and ocean. The Tubing the Ditch Kauai tour starts near the peak of Mount Wai’ale’ale and goes to wind through open canals, mysterious tunnels, and rushing flumes. Kauai Tubing Adventures are extremely popular and exciting and is offered at a great price through Hawaii Activities Discount.
When an alternative use was found for the obsolete irrigation system, it was a win-win for everyone involved. Kauai Backcountry Tubing is able to take advantage of a great business opportunity, the plantation is provided with revenue to keep the system current, and the consumer is able to experience the excitement of Hawaii Tubing on previously inaccessible land. Hawaii Activities Discount offers Kauai Tubing adventures through Kauai Backcountry at fantastic prices.
The tranquilly-flowing irrigating water makes for a great adventure suitable for all fitness levels—Tubing the Ditch Kauai is truly great for everyone! When you’re reserving activities and tours through Hawaii Activities Discount, be sure to ask about the various Kauai Tubing Adventures offered through Kauai Backcountry Tubing.
Availability of specific times changes quickly. Your confirmation will have your exact tour start time listed. To ensure we can get you booked for this popular activity you have the following timing options to choose from:
- Any Available Time - we will book you for the first available time that fits your party
- Morning - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 7:00 am and 9:30 am.
- Mid-Day - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Afternoon - we will book you for any available tour time that starts between 1:30 pm and 4:00 pm.
If a time within your selection is not available, we will contact you about the available times. IF YOU NEED A SPECIFIC TIME, please call or email to speak with an agent about availability.
Kauai Tubing Tour Highlights:
- Fun tubing adventure with great views of Kauai’s rain-forest, mountains, valleys and the ocean
- Float down historic irrigation ditch and through several tunnels
- Swim in a natural swimming hole
- Learn about a part of Kauai’s history
- Only tubing activity of this type on Kauai
- Hand sanitizer
- Snacks and cold water
- Water-friendly shoes available for rental
- Wet-suit tops available for rental
Fun Tubing Adventure
View from Tunnel
- Where and When:
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your requested tour time at the Kauai Backcountry Adventures office, located at 3-4131 Kuhio Highway, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Look for the wooden fence and a sign that says "Kauai Backcountry Adventures."
- Participants must be 5 years and older AND 43" (110 cm) or taller.
Weight limit is 300 pounds (136 kg)
Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years and older. Those 16-17 years old may attend the tour without an adult, however, a parent must come in to check in the minor and sign a waiver.
Not recommended for anyone claustrophobic or those with back, hip or knee problems.
Women up to the second trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
- Special Notes:
- You can rent a wetsuit for $10 or buy one for $30.
Unless extreme weather prohibits, tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Approximately 3 hours
- Kauai Backcountry
- Tube, gloves and headlights provided.