Seasport Divers - Dive Ni'ihau
Some of the most pristine and dramatic diving available in the Hawaiian Islands takes place off Ni'ihau. Hawaii Activities Discount offers DIVE NIIHAU, a three tank, full day diving adventure for the experienced and seasoned divers only. Packed full of incredible wall dives, lava pillars, and enormous caves. Dive Ni’ihau includes 3 dives, breakfast, lunch, snacks. This dive is offered during Summer Months only.
Marine Life you may encounter:Marine life is diverse and you are likely to see spinner dolphins (they seem to live at the crater); large schools of butterfly fish: pennant, milletseed, and pyramid; bandit and potter angel fish; spotted eagle rays; monk seals; octopus; lobster; tiger cowries; and possibly manta rays and sharks: white tip reef, black tip reef, and Galapagos. And that's just for starters, there’s more to come!
Ni'ihau is accessible from Kauai by way of the Kaulakahi Channel. Ni'ihau Island lies 17 miles southwest of Kauai. The morning begins bright and early at 6:00am with the boat trip from Kaua'i's Southt Shore. The 20-mile crossing takes about 2½ hours and is not for someone prone to seasickness. Although the morning ride is usually calm and clear for the ride over. Breakfast is served as the view of beautiful Ni'ihau grows closer and closer. The morning's first dive is a deep one, typically Vertical Awareness or Keyhole. Large Schools of Pennant Fish cluster about the top of this 280ft wall. The lava shelves are home to lobsters, octopus, pillow stars, reef fish and hunting monk seals. At about 100 feet deep, with unlimited visibility, the dive is maybe short but nothing short of spectacular.
A second dive site is known as the Super Highways. Maximum depth for this dive is 60 feet and the prominent feature is the towering lava formation resembling a highway super structure. White tip reef sharks, octopus, tiger cowries, and enormous yellow margin eels as well as numerous small caves and swim-thrus make this location a virtual playground for the divers. While the divers are down on this dive, our captain is busy preparing lunch so the next surface interval is a long one. A little sun, a lot of food, and a dolphin or two to entertain us and we're ready to get back in the water! This is a great da of diving with beautiful sea life and once in a lifetime dive experience!
- 3 tank dive near Hawaii's "Forbidden Isle" – Ni'ihau
- Enjoy incredible wall dives, soaring lava pillars, enormous caves and spectacular visibility
- Diverse marine life – you are likely to see spinner dolphins, butterflyfish, angelfish, spotted eagle rays, monk seals, octopus, lobster, tiger cowries and possibly manta rays and sharks (white tip reef, black tip reef and Galapagos)
You must be certified for this dive.
Please download and fill out this required medical questionnaire and bring it with you to the dive.
Green Sea Turtle
Heading to Niihau
- Where and When:
- Check in at 6:00 am at Seasport Divers, 2827 Poipu Road, Koloa, HI 96756 View Map
Tour returns to the Seasport Divers dive shop around 6:00 pm.
- Bring your certification card.
- You must be certified for this dive (certification card must be presented at check-in).
You must have completed at least 30 dives to participate in this tour.
There is a Medical Questionnaire that needs to be filled out and passed to participate in this scuba dive. If participant fails the Medical Questionnaire, a doctor must give a written statement (faxes are OK) that scuba activities are safe and allowed for this participant prior to going scuba diving.
- Special Notes:
- Passage across the Kaulakahi Channel, from Kauai to Ni'ihau and back, can be rough at the best of times. Seasport Divers' Ni'ihau trips are, therefore, only scheduled for the normally calmer period that runs from late spring through early autumn.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesdays and Fridays
- 11-12 hours
- Seasport Divers Kauai
- The Anela Kai is a custom-fitted PRO48 dive boat, U.S. Coast Guard certified for 42 passengers or 30 divers. However, Seasport Divers limits it to only 12 divers for their Niihau scuba diving tour. The vessel is equipped with two hot water showers, a 10-person observation deck, a large covered cabin and two ladders for easy ocean entry and exit.