Polynesian Adventure Tours - Waimea Canyon, Wailua River and Fern Grotto Tour
This is a great tour because it really captures the beauty of what Kauai is known for. You will have the chance to visit the famous "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" and then enjoy a leisurely boat ride up the Wailua River with a stop at Fern Grotto, a fern-covered lava cave surrounded by a lush rainforest.
- Waimea Canyon - the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" offers scenic views of deep valley gorges with striking red soil covered in greenery
- Opaeka'a Falls - a beautiful 150-foot cascade
- Spouting Horn Blowhole - crashing waves propel jets of ocean water through lava rock
- Hanapepe Valley Lookout - panoramic views of a valley covered in trees and wild green sugarcane
- Wailua River - narrated 2-mile ride in an open air boat down a meandering freshwater river
- Fern Grotto - walk through a tropical rainforest to a rock cave dripping in ferns and listen to the melodious live performance of the Hawaiian wedding song
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professionally narrated tour
- Lunch at a local's favorite restaurant
Waimea Canyon Lookout
Waimea Canyon State Park
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
7:45 am - 6:30 pm
Hotel pick-up is provided from major Kauai hotels. Enter the name of your hotel at time of reservation. The exact pick-up time depends on where you are staying and will be emailed with your confirmation (Princeville area hotel pick-ups are unavailable).
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday
- Approximately 10.5 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Mini bus has room for 25 passengers. Large bus has room for 52 passengers. Depending on how many people booked this tour, you will travel in either a mini bus or large bus.
- Air-conditioned tour bus