Kayak Adventures - Guided Waterfall Adventure
This exciting tour begins with a two mile paddle along the Wailua River. We paddle past Kamokila Hawaiian Village where the movie, Outbreak was filmed.
Next is a ¾ mile hike through tropical rainforest which was once reserved for Hawaiian Royalty. It is a very sacred and special place to the Hawaiian people. See ancient Hawaiian sites and various flora and fauna. In addition to the history of the Wailua Valley, your guide will also show you where movie scenes were filmed. See locations from Raider’s of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and 6 Days / 7 Nights.
Finally we hike to the spectacular 125 ft. Uluwehi Falls also known as The Secret Falls. Play under the waterfalls, swim, take pictures and enjoy a delicious lunch.
We provide a deli lunch, chips, cookies, bottled water, and a back pack dry bag .
From Princeville, take Highway 56 south to the town of Kapaa (30 minutes drive time). Towards the end of Kapaa town you will see Coconut Market Place on the left. Approx. 1/8 of a mile you will see a large grass vacant lot on the left. At the end of that lot there is a small side street named Lanikai. Turn left onto Lanikai and park in the gravel part of the lot. You are not looking for a store front, just a parking area. Your guide will meet you there in a white shuttle van with a kayak trailer. When the group is checked in, your guide will take you to the Wailua River to start your adventure.
Guided Waterfall Adventure
- Where and When:
- Kauai Kayaking Kayak Adventures Waterfall Tour check in is Monday-Saturday 7:45am and 8:45 am.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH: South on Hwy 56 to Kapaa. Go thru 4 traffic lights. Turn left before Coconut Marketplace sign onto Aleka Loop. Turn right behind the marketplace and follow Aleka Loop. Drive thru the entrance of Islander on the Beach Resort to Kayak Adventures. We are located in the Islander Shops between Trees Lounge and Snorkel Depot.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH: Hwy 50 thru Lihue thru a series of 12 traffic lights. At 13th light turn left onto Hwy 56 N towards Wailua/Kapaa. Cross Wailua River bridge (double bridge) go through 2 traffic lights, turn right into Coconut Marketplace onto Aleka Loop. Turn right behind the marketplace and follow Aleka Loop. Drive through entrance of Island on the Beach Resort to Kayak Adventures. We are located in the Islander Shops between Trees Lounge and Snorkel Depot.
- These Kauai Tours consist of approximately 4 miles of easy paddling and 1.5 miles of hiking.
- Not available for pregnant women.
Not available for children under 5 years old.
These Kauai Tours consist of approximately 4 miles of easy paddling and 1.5 miles of hiking.
- Special Notes:
- A deli lunch, chips, cookies, bottled water, and a back pack dry bag are provided on these Kauai Tours.
- Operation Days:
- Kauai Kayaking Tours operate Monday - Saturday.
- Duration of these Kauai Tours is 4 1/2 hours
- Kayak Adventures
- 12 per Kauai Kayaking tour
- Provided: Ocean Zest Double kayaks with supportive seats, lightweight aluminum paddles and children's paddles. Each kayak has life jackets and dry bag backpack. There is one single kayak offered as well.