Kayak Adventures - Guided Waterfall Adventure
This exciting tour begins with a 4 mile paddle along the Wailua River. We paddle past Kamokila Hawaiian Village where the movie, Outbreak was filmed.
Next is a 2 mile hike through tropical rainforest which was once reserved for Hawaiian Royalty. It is a very sacred and special place to the Hawaiian people. See ancient Hawaiian sites and various flora and fauna. In addition to the history of the Wailua Valley, your guide will also show you where movie scenes were filmed. See locations from Raider’s of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park and 6 Days / 7 Nights.
Finally we hike to the spectacular 125 ft. Uluwehi Falls also known as The Secret Falls. Play under the waterfalls, swim, take pictures and enjoy a delicious lunch.
We provide a deli lunch, chips, cookies, bottled water, and a back pack dry bag .
From Princeville, take Highway 56 south to the town of Kapaa (30 minutes drive time). Towards the end of Kapaa town you will see Coconut Market Place on the left. Approx. 1/8 of a mile you will see a large grass vacant lot on the left. At the end of that lot there is a small side street named Lanikai. Turn left onto Lanikai and park in the gravel part of the lot. You are not looking for a store front, just a parking area. Your guide will meet you there in a white shuttle van with a kayak trailer. When the group is checked in, your guide will take you to the Wailua River to start your adventure.
- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat, tomato, sprouts
- Ham sandwich with cheddar on whole wheat, tomato, sprouts
- Veggie sandwich on multi-grain, cucumber, black olives, tomato, sprouts
- Gluten free options available as well
- Fresh pineapple, chips and cookies
bottles of water are provided as well, but we are encouraging our
guests to bring their own pre-filled water bottles to save on the planet
and to become eco-friendly
Guided Waterfall Adventure
- Where and When:
- Tour times:
7:45 am - 2:15 pm
8:45 am - 3:15 pm
Check in at the Coconut Marketplace, 4-484 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaa, HI 96746. Meet us under the Water Tower. View Map
DIRECTIONS FROM THE NORTH:
South on Hwy 56 through Kapa'a town. Go through 4 traffic lights. Turn left into Coconut Marketplace parking lot. Look for the huge tower. We are located in the kiosk underneath.
DIRECTIONS FROM THE SOUTH
Take Hwy 50 through Lihue. Turn left onto Hwy 56 north towards Wailua/Kapaa. Cross Wailua River bridge (double bridge), go through two traffic lights. Turn right into Coconut Marketplace and parking lot. Look for the huge tower. We are located in the kiosk underneath.
- These Kauai Tours consist of approximately 4 miles of easy paddling and 1.5 miles of hiking.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Participants must be at least 5 years old.
Tour consists of 4 miles of paddling and 2 miles of hiking roundtrip.
- Special Notes:
- Cold filtered water is available to fill any reusable container on site at check-in. Small day coolers will be provided for each family to pack a lunch and carry their supplies throughout the day. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase. All participants are strongly encouraged to bring a light lunch as the tour lasts up to 6 hours.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Friday
- 6 hours
- Kayak Adventures
- 12 participants
- Provided: Ocean Zest double kayaks with supportive seats, lightweight aluminum paddles and children's paddles. Each kayak has life jackets and a dry bag backpack. There is one single kayak available as well.