Outfitters Kauai - Wailua Waterfall Kayak
Join us on a Kauai kayak tour on the Wailua River. Paddle deep into the heart of the island all the way to the shadow of Mt Wai'ale'ale. After our easy downwind paddle upstream, we will hike one mile to a 130 ft waterfall.
Enjoy a picnic lunch before hiking back to our ruddered tandem open cockpit kayaks for more fun paddling!
Lunch includes your choice of either a Turkey Watercress Wrap (smoked turkey, watercress cream cheese, cucumber, sprouts, tomato, onion, and black olives in a tortilla), or a Mediterranean Veggie Wrap (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, and feta cheese in a tortilla). Lunch comes with pasta salad and a chocolate chip cookie. Cold drinks are available thoughout the day.
If you are looking for a bit of a workout, this tour will be the one for you! Swimming holes and exotic and native botanical wonders. The Wailua is a fantasyland of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
- Kayak up the Wailua River all the way to the shadow of Mt. Wai'ale'ale
- Glide past jungle landscapes on Hawaii’s largest tropical river
- Paddle through Wailua River State Park deep into the rainforest
- Land your kayak and hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites
- See a gorgeous 100-foot waterfall
- Cool off in the refreshing streams
- Delicious lunch - Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey,
Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black
Olives in a Tortilla OR Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus,
Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
Wailua River Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- Check in at 7:45 am at Outfitters Kauai, 230 Kipu Rd, Lihue, HI 96766. View Map
Tour returns around 3:00 pm.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 275 lbs (125 kg).
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles of rugged trail and kayak for 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- This tour leads through the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. For something that's a lot of fun and a good bit less rigorous, check out Outfitters Kauai's Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday & Friday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Outfitters Kauai