Outfitters Kauai - Paddle Jungle Stream on Wailua River
Join us on a Kauai kayak tour on the Wailua River. Paddle deep into the heart of the island all the way to the shadow of Mt Wai'ale'ale. After our easy downwind paddle upstream, we will hike one mile to a 130 ft waterfall.
Enjoy a picnic lunch before hiking back to our ruddered tandem open cockpit kayaks for more fun paddling!
Lunch includes your choice of either a Turkey Watercress Wrap (smoked turkey, watercress cream cheese, cucumber, sprouts, tomato, onion, and black olives in a tortilla), or a Mediterranean Veggie Wrap (hummus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, and feta cheese in a tortilla). Lunch comes with pasta salad and a chocolate chip cookie. Cold drinks are available thoughout the day.
If you are looking for a bit of a workout, this tour will be the one for you! Swimming holes and exotic and native botanical wonders. The Wailua is a fantasyland of Hawaiian deep jungle scenery.
- Kayak up the Wailua River all the way to the shadow of Mt. Wai'ale'ale
- Glide past jungle landscapes on Hawaii’s largest tropical river
- Paddle through Wailua River State Park deep into the rainforest
- Land your kayak and hike past remains of ancient Hawaiian home sites
- See a gorgeous 100-foot waterfall
- Cool off in the refreshing streams
- Delicious lunch - Turkey Watercress Wrap: Smoked Turkey,
Watercress, Cream Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumber, Tomato, Onion and Black
Olives in a Tortilla OR Mediterranean Veggie Wrap: Hummus,
Lettuce, Tomato, Kalamata Olives, Cucumber and Feta Cheese in a
Lunch comes with a pasta salad and a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Cold drinks are available throughout the day.
Wailua River Kayak Tour
- Where and When:
- Morning tour: Check in at 7:45 am (return at 3:00 pm)
Afternoon tour: Check in at 11:00 am (return at 6:00 pm). This tour is offered seasonally during the summer months only.
Guests staying in the Poipu area or at west side resorts will check in at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
Guests staying at east side or north shore resorts, we will email you pick-up/meeting place information.
Driving directions from the East/North Shore:
Go south on HWY 56. Cross the Wailua River and make an immediate right into the Wailua Marina/Smith's Tropical Paradise. Follow that road back to the Smith's Tropical Paradise (past the Wailua Marina). Park in the single lined paved car spaces to the right of the Smith's Tropical Paradise entrance, not in the bus sized or handicapped spaces. Please wait at your car for the Outfitters Kauai van to pick you up.
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and weigh under 275 lbs (125 kg).
Participants must be able to walk 2 miles of rugged trail and kayak for 60-90 minutes.
- Special Notes:
- This tour leads through the rainforest, so be prepared for showers and muddy trail conditions. For something that's a lot of fun and a good bit less rigorous, check out Outfitters Kauai's Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Saturday
- Approx. 7 hours
- Outfitters Kauai