Kayak Kauai - Sacred Falls Paddle & Hike
This five-hour guided waterfall adventure combines idyllic paddling on the Wailua River and a hike to a remote waterfall. Fun for the entire family! Come share the life and natural history of this mystical land and enjoy its great quiet with us!
The Wailua is known as one of Hawaii's most sacred places. At night, it is said that one can still hear ancient drums thunder in concert with the nearby surf. The trail leading to our secret waterfall is a beautiful "greenhouse" with flowers, brooks and ferns.
The setting is tropical and tranquil. The pace is unhurried. Bird watch for a night heron or coot. Swim in the pools or stream leading from the the falls.
Tour includes: Guide, Double kayaks sit in with bucket seats Wilderness System-Pamlico 160T double with rudder and foot pedals, Delicious sandwiches, tropical juices and bottled water, Water resistant bags.
- State Certified Guide
- Personal Flotation Devices
- Double Kayak
- Water Resistant Bag
- Deli Lunch, Snacks & Refreshments
- Walking Sticks
- Where and When:
- Tour Times:
7:45 am start of tour, return approximately 12:45 pm
9:00 am start of tour, return approximately 2:00 pm
11:30 am start of tour, return approximately 4:30 pm
12:45 pm start of tour, return approximately 5:45 pm
Check in 15 minutes prior to selected tour time.
Check in at the Wailua Marina, 3-5971 Kuhio Highway, Bldg 3 Kapa'a, HI 96746. View Map
(Same side as Smith Motor Boats offices on the South side of Wailua River)
- This activity is rated "Family Friendly." Participants should be comfortable in the water and enjoy hiking along a flat river bed. This tour is safe and relaxing - A perfect adventure for all ages. About 5 hours of easy sightseeing, paddling, and hiking.
- Minimum Age: 6 years
Guests under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult or will be denied going on tour without a refund. One adult per child required.
Participants should be comfortable in the water and enjoy hiking along a flat river bed. Hike can be moderate to challenging depending on trail condition. Trail may be slippery, muddy, and wet depending on recent weather conditions.
While swimming under the waterfall is not recommended due to possible falling rocks but you can swim in the pools or stream leading from the falls.
- Special Notes:
- Please bring: Sunscreen, Light shirt, Swimsuit, Footwear for a trail that can be muddy at times (tevis, aqua socks or sneakers), towel and change of clothes.
- Operation Days:
- Monday through Friday
- Approximately 5 hours
- Kayak Kauai
- Maximum 12 passengers for morning tour. Maximum 24 passengers for the afternoon tour.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) i.e. life preservers.
Double sit on top kayaks