Kayak Kauai - Sacred Falls Paddle & Hike
This five-hour guided waterfall adventure combines idyllic paddling on the Wailua River and a hike to a remote waterfall. Fun for the entire family! Come share the life and natural history of this mystical land and enjoy its great quiet with us!
The Wailua is known as one of Hawaii's most sacred places. At night, it is said that one can still hear ancient drums thunder in concert with the nearby surf. The trail leading to our secret waterfall is a beautiful "greenhouse" with flowers, brooks and ferns.
The setting is tropical and tranquil. The pace is unhurried. Bird watch for a night heron or coot. Swim in the pools or stream leading from the the falls.
Tour includes: Guide, Double kayaks sit in with bucket seats Wilderness System-Pamlico 160T double with rudder and foot pedals, Delicious sandwiches, tropical juices and bottled water, Water resistant bags.
- State Certified Guide
- Personal Flotation Devices
- Double Kayak
- Water Resistant Bag
- Deli Lunch, Snacks & Refreshments
- Walking Sticks
- Where and When:
- Check in at 7:30am or 12:00pm.
Check in at the Wailua Marina, 3-5971 Kuhio Highway, Bldg 3 Kapa'a, HI 96746. View Map
(Same side as Smith Motor Boats offices on the South side of Wailua River)
- This activity is rated "Family Friendly." Participants should be comfortable in the water and enjoy hiking along a flat river bed. This tour is safe and relaxing - A perfect adventure for all ages. About 5 hours of easy sightseeing, paddling, and hiking.
- Participants should be comfortable in the water and enjoy hiking along a flat river bed. Children under 5 are prohibited.
- Special Notes:
- Please bring: Sunscreen, Light shirt, Swimsuit, Footwear for a trail that can be muddy at times (tevis, aqua socks or sneakers), towel and change of clothes.
- Operation Days:
- Closed Sundays
- 5 hours
- Kayak Kauai
- Maximum 12 passengers for morning tour. Maximum 24 passengers for the afternoon tour.
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD's) i.e. life preservers.
Double sit on top kayaks