Outfitters Kauai - Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak Tour
Available mid-June through mid-September on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
This tour is not currently
available due to severe damage caused by an April flood of the launch
point. During the time it takes to make repairs a new tour has been
organized that offers a 5 mile kayak out and back to Miloli'i Beach on
the Na Pali Coast. Please call to inquire about this tour.
The Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak Tour is a 17 mile tour along the famous shorelines of Kauai known for its beautiful and remote scenery. We meet in Poipu early, and ride to the launch site in Haena. After only an hour of paddling we come upon Na Pali’s sea caves, where we enter weather permitting. After a short break and mid morning snack we paddle next to Milolii which is about an 11 mile paddle with arrival time around 1 to 2 pm. This is the site of an ancient Hawaiian fishing site, where we break for lunch. The last leg of the trip is a 4 mile paddle to Polihale, with calm waters to finish up. Here we are picked up by the van and you have just circumnavigated the entire island!
A little reminder that this tour is a very long, somewhat strenuous paddle in typically heavy seas. Please don't sign up unless you are up for a good workout and perhaps a challenge. While this tour is best enjoyed by people who are physically fit and have some basic paddling experience, you may join us as a first time kayaker if you consider yourself to be athletically inclined and quick to learn new sports. Of course, this trip is not for non-swimmers. Warning: If you are prone to severe seasickness this trip is not for you. If you feel that you may get nauseous, but not severely so, we recommend motion sickness medicine such as Bonine, Dramamine, or Triptone (over the counter). Lunch and refreshments are provided: includes spring water, juice, snack bars, deli sandwiches and sodas. Vegetarian is available upon request. There's lot's of room in the kayak, so feel free to bring along additional drinks and snacks- please, no alcoholic beverages.
- Paddle along the entire stretch of the Na Pali Coast on Kauai’s north shore
- Spectacular views of 2,000-foot sea cliffs and secluded beaches
- Enter sea caves (conditions permitting)
- Delicious lunch
- Lunch is usually a turkey or veggie
sandwich with a build-your-own buffet of assorted vegetables, pasta
salad, brownie, clif bars, and cold drinks (bottled water and Hawaiian
Sun fruit drinks)
- If you have dietary restrictions, please make sure to give advance notice to see if they can be met.
Na Pali Coast Sea Kayak Tour
Napali Sea Kayak
- Where and When:
- Tour time: 6:00 am to 6:30 pm
Check in is at 6:00 am SHARP at Outfitters Kauai, 2827A Poipu Rd, Poipu, HI 96756. View Map
- Participants must be at least 16 years old.
Participants must be able to swim and be physically fit. This is a strenuous 15 mile open ocean kayak tour.
This tour is best enjoyed by people who have some basic paddling experience. However, you may join us as a first-time kayaker if you are athletically inclined and quick to learn new sports.
Tour is not suitable for participants who are prone to severe seasickness.
- Special Notes:
- If prone to seasickness, it is recommended to take an over-the-counter medication for seasickness, best taken the night before the tour, as well as the day of the tour.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday and Thursday from June through mid-September
- Approximately 12 hours
- Outfitters Kauai
- Outfitters Kauai use tandem, open-cockpit, or, sit-on-top type, self-bailing kayaks with foot pedal controlled rudders to facilitate safety and ease of operation. You'll be given a lightweight fiberglass paddle with a tether, life vest and dry bag.