Princeville Ranch - Waterfall Horseback Ride
Please call to check availability if booking within 48 hours.
Cross ranch pastures with beautiful panoramic views of mountains and ocean. You may find yourself riding through our herds of cows, calves and horses along the way. After you tie-up your horse, take a short 10- to 15-minute hike down a steep trail with steps and handholds, through a tropical forest with views of a lush valley and sounds of cascading falls. You will be amazed by the power of our fern-lined 80-ft waterfall and the peacefulness of the setting. Swim in the waterfall pool, where you can explore the views on ledges behind the falls or simply float to your heart‘s content. Afterward, if conditions permit, return to your horse via a different hiking trail, complete with a crossing atop the falls, a short rock climb and yet another scenic waterfall setting perfect for one more photograph.
Approximately two hours of riding, a 10-15 minute short steep hike down to the base of the waterfall and 45 minutes at the waterfall swimming.
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride on Kauai’s scenic north shore
- Walking only tour is great for novice riders
- Ride across open pastures and to special spots with beautiful scenery
- Relax or swim in a waterfall pond
- Scramble up a 10-foot rock wall
- Hike through lush forest
- Approximately 1 mile hike all together
Kauai Horseback Riding
Paniolo Green Hill
Princeville Ranch Adventure
Waterfall Stream Crossing
- Where and When:
- Check in Times:
Check in at 8:15 am. Tour Time 8:30 am.
Check in at 9:15 am. Tour Time 9:30 am.
Check in at 10:15 am. Tour Time 10:30 am.
Check in at the Princeville Ranch Stables/Ranch Entrance. The stables are across the street from PV Eats. View Map
From Princeville or Hanalei:
We are located 3/4 of a mile east of the Princeville Shopping Center on the mauka (mountain) side of the highway. Look for the overhead sign that says "Princeville Ranch." We are located across the highway from PV Eats Restaurant.
From the South or East sides:
Follow highway 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. We are located 1/2 mile past the Princeville Airport on the mauka (mountain) side of the road. Look for the overhead sign that says "Princeville Ranch." We are located across the highway from PV Eats Restaurant.
- Riders must be 8 years old and above. Children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent. Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
- Princeville Ranch welcomes riders ages 8 and above.
Weight and height restrictions apply. Maximum weight per rider is 250 pounds (113 kg). Maximum height of 6'5" (195 cm).
Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 18 must have written consent from a parent.
Riding double on one horse is not allowed.
Riders must be in good physical condition and fit comfortably and securely in the saddle.
Princeville Ranch reserves the right to refuse anyone whom we determine is in poor physical condition or in any way impaired so that they are unable to safely complete a Ranch ride or related hike.
The hike is rated moderate-to-difficult and includes a steep trail, up and down (500-foot gain) rough hewn steps with rope handholds.
- Special Notes:
- Riders must fit within the weight and height ratio on the yellow chart above.
Group horseback rides are walking only. Only on a private ride might guests trot or canter after evaluation by the guide.
Tours go out rain or shine.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesday through Saturday
- Total tour time is approx. 3.5 hours. Total time on horseback is 1.5 hours, round trip. The waterfall swim lasts 1 to 1.5 hours. Total hiking time is 30 minutes.
- Princeville Ranch
- All rides are led by professional guides. They are CPR and first aid certified. They all carry two-way radios and first aid kits. Western saddles only. Helmets are available upon requests and required for children 8-12.