Princeville Ranch - Kalihiwai Falls Hike
Kauai Hiking is a backpacking experience you won’t forget. Explore Kalihiwai Falls and other phenomenal sites as you explore Kauais backcountry. The Kalihiwai Falls River empties into the ocean at Kalihiwai Bay, creating a small pool at the base of Kalihiwai Falls. Book your hiking trip through Hawaii Activities Discount and Princeville Ranch today and choose the best Hiking in Kauai for your family. Princeville Ranch and Hawaii Activities Discount offer Kauai Hiking Adventures at a low price that everyone can afford. The island of Kauai is filled with absolute wonder and beauty and to hike through the island and experience the beauty of this island first hand will be nothing short of an experience you will never forget. Hawaii Activities Discount and Princeville Ranch offers Kauai hiking tours on 2,500 acres of private lands on the North Shore of Kauai where Kalihiwai Falls is located. Kauai Hiking has never been more fun because it covers pristine areas that are otherwise inaccessible to the public. The group is kept small for everyone’s enjoyment, which makes this Kauai Hiking Tour personal.
What to expect on your Kauai Hiking Adventure: First, you hike to the lookout point to witness mountain and ocuean views. Along the hike you come to a secluded 100 foot waterfall for a great lunch and swim. Nothing is better than a long hike and then a nice cool dip at the base of a Hawaiian waterfall. 3 hours of hiking and 1 hour at the waterfall. This is one of our most popular Hawaii Activities.
Hiking time is three hours and hiking distance is approximately four miles.
Hike the Kauai lowland rainforest, Kalihiwai Valley, to the spectacular five-tier Kalihiwai Falls. You will have it all to yourselves!
When on this Kauai Hiking Tour, you should bring Light clothing Comfortableshoes (hiking boots or tennis, running shoes) Wear a swimsuit under yourclothing, water,a towel, sunscreen and a hat.
When choosing Hawaii Activities and Kauai Tours for your vacation save moneyand order with Hawaii Activities Discount.
- Moderately strenuous hike to Kalihiwai Falls
- Great photo opportunities
- Option to swim in waterfall pond
- Delicious picnic lunch included
- Hike is led by experienced guide
- Delicious picnic lunch: Make your own deli sandwich on pita bread (with veggie option), potato chips and a cookie
- CPR and First Aid trained guides
- Photos for purchase
Princeville Ranch Hike
Kalihiwai Falls Hike
Kauai Hiking Tour
Swim in Waterfall Pond
- Where and When:
- Check in by 9:30 am. Tour time: 9:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Check in Office Location is one mile past the Princeville Airport on the ocean side, at the intersection of Kuhio Highway (Highway 56) and Kapaka Road.
The GPS coordinates for the Check-In Office are 22 12.32 - 159 27.44
From Princeville Resorts & North: Princeville Ranch is located on the left hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Highway (Rt. 56). If coming from the Princeville resorts, turn left onto Kuhio Highway, and the Office is the next left (Kapaka Rd.) off the highway. If you are coming from destinations north of Hanalei, follow the highway south into Princeville, and go 1/2 mile past the Princeville Shopping Center. Turn left at Kapaka Rd. at the red and white flags.
From the South: Follow Rt. 56 (Kuhio Highway) north to Princeville. You will pass the towns of Kapaa, Anahola, and Kilauea. Cross over the Kalihiwai Bridge, and go past Princeville airport about two miles. The Check-In Office is just past mile marker 27, on the right hand (ocean) side of Kuhio Hwy., at the cross road of Kapaka Road. Turn right on to Kapaka Rd. at the red and white flags. Church of Pacific is also at this intersection. If you get to the Princeville Shopping Center, you've passed the Office by a 1/2 mile.
- AGE/WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS: 5 years of age or older and in good physical condition. Children age 16 or 17 can go on Princeville Ranch tours without an adult as long as a parent or legal guardian physically checks in the child at the office and signs a liability waiver. Please no pregnant women.
All no shows and late cancellations will be assessed the full tour fee regardless of the reason.
Participants must be at least 5 years of age and in good physical condition. Pregnant women may not participate.
Children age 16 or 17 can go on Princeville Ranch tours without an adult as long as a parent or legal guardian physically checks in the child at the office and signs a liability waiver.
- Special Notes:
- Tour has a minimum requirement of 2 guests to go out. If a single guest has booked a tour and no other guests have booked the tour for the same day, guest will be notified with the option to pay for a second person's rate in order to go by themselves.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, & Saturday
Tuesdays & Thursdays are added during peak seasons.
- Approximately 4.5 hours
- Princeville Ranch
- CPR and First aid certified guides. All guides carry two-way radios and first aid kits.