Dolphin Discoveries - Captain Cook Afternoon Snorkel
This combination dolphin and whale watching and snorkel tour is three hours of fun, and is offered every afternoon. Dolphin Discoveries will introduce you to sea caves and lava tubes on the Kona Coast and take you to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay. Once there, snorkel one of the best marine sanctuaries in all the Hawaiian Islands. As you snorkel, you'll be accompanied by many curious fish that live amongst colorful coral reefs. After snorkeling, you'll head out to find some of spinner dolphins (and, in the winter, you'll also go looking for whales as well!)
Your tour includes an afternoon dolphin and whale watch and snorkel tour plus a chance to explore the historic Kona coast. You will see stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Capt. Cook's Monument, and you will learn about dolphins, whales, and other ocean wildlife on this exciting but relaxing Dolphin Discoveries Afternoon Snorkel activity offered at a low prices by Hawaii Activities Discount.
- Afternoon dolphin and whale watch/snorkel tour
- Exploration of the historic Kona Coast
- Visit stunning sea caves and lava tubes en route to Captain Cook's Monument at Kealakekua Bay
- Learn about dolphins, whales and other ocean wildlife
- Snorkeling Gear
- Flotation Devices (including snorkeling vests & view finder boards)
- Water & Juice
- Bottled water
- Where and When:
- Keauhou Bay boat launch ramp.
Check-in is at 12:15 pm
Tour returns at approximately 3:00 pm.
- Must be at least 8 years old.
Participants must weigh under 285 pounds (129 kg).
- Special Notes:
- Snorkel gear, instruction & swim aids are included, as are snacks and cold drinks.
Whale watching season is from mid-December to mid-April.
- Operation Days:
- Closed Wednesday and Thursday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Dolphin Discoveries
- Big Island
- 12 passengers
- The Nai'a Nui is a 28-foot rigid-hull inflatable adventure craft, complete with shade. It has room for up to 12 passengers.