Royal Kona Luau (Voyagers of the Pacific Luau)
The Royal Kona Resort in association with Tihati Productions presents "Lava - Legends & Legacies Luau Show," an Island-style celebration of Hawaii and it’s tradition and culture.
A breathtaking view of a vibrant Big Island Hawaiian sky displays the Kona’s sunsets and provides a background for the Royal Kona Resort Luau. The ocean front setting highlights the energy and appeal of this popular Polynesian show. Journey through the South Pacific's legends and lore in historic Kailua-Kona.
After experiencing a delicious all-you-can-eat Polynesian buffet, you'll enjoy the acclaimed cast of musicians and dancers from Tihati Productions as they take you on an authentic journey through the South Pacific Islands of Hawaii, Tahiti, Raratonga, New Zealand and Samoa, through the travels and romance of Holomoana (the voyager) and Kalua (Hawaiian princess). Their performance includes songs and dances rarely seen in typical luau shows and is highlighted by a Samoan "fire knife" dance, simply too amazing to miss!
Escape to the Hawaii of your dreams. Relax with cool trade winds and Hawaiian songs performed by the Tihati Serenaders
. Enjoy Hawaiian arts followed by the unearthing of the Kalua Pua'a
(roasted pork) during the Imu Ceremony
and all-you-can-eat luau dinner buffet.
After an all-you-can-eat buffet, you'll enjoy the acclaimed cast of musicians and dancers from Tihati Productions as they take you on a journey through the South Pacific Islands of Hawaii. The Royal Kona Luau show is highlighted by a Samoan "fire knife" dance.
- Located oceanfront overlooking Kailua Bay
- Shell lei greeting
- Arts & crafts demonstrations & hula group lesson
- Imu ceremony to unearth the kalua pua'a (roast pig)
- All-you-care-to-eat Hawaiian luau buffet dinner
- Dynamic Polynesian revue with dance, song and live music
- Complimentary Mai Tais, cocktails, beer, wine, and drinks
- Samoan fire-knife dance finale
* Denotes Gluten Free Options
** There will be a Vegetarian dish on the buffet
line to accommodate any vegetarian/vegan requests attending the luau. To
meet other dietary needs not on the buffet, there will be a $35.00 per
person surcharge for a special "Chef's choice" dinner entree plate.
These requests require a minimum of 24 hours notice and while every
effort is made to accommodate all requests, some may not be able to be
- Dressing Choices: 1000 Island*, Papaya Seed*, Italian* or Ranch Dressing
- Green Salad*
- Cucumber Namasu*
- Tomato & Onion Ogo Salad
- Three Bean Salad*
- Potato/Macaroni Salad*
- Lomi Lomi Salmon*
- Kalua Pork*
- Steamed Mahi Mahi with Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil
- Baked Chicken with Honey Mango BBQ Sauce*
- Chicken Luau*
- Teriyaki Roast Beef
- Okinawan Sweet Potato*
- White Rice*
- Fresh Pineapple*
- Coconut Dinner Rolls
- Coconut Haupia (Pudding)*
- Coconut Cake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
From the Bar (included):
- Mai Tai
- Standard Well Drinks
- Domestic Beer
- Coffee and Tea
- Selection of Sodas
- Fruit Punch
Coconut Cake and Pineapple Upside Down Cake contain egg and dairy.
Thousand Island Dressing may have mayonnaise which contains egg.
Mac/Potato Salad has mayonnaise which contains egg.
Coconut Rolls contains egg and dairy.
Royal Kona Luau
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 4:45 pm.
Royal Kona Resort - Luau Gardens, Kailua-Kona, West Hawaii
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Infant pricing (children 5 and under) are provided their own seat and plate.
Parking Validation is $5.00 and covers 3 hours. Additional time is the responsibility of the guest.
- Operation Days:
- Operates Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Approximately 3 hours
- Royal Kona Luau
- Big Island