Island Breeze Luau - King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
The Island Breeze Luau is Kona's beachfront luau. This makes this Big Island luau special. This setting only adds the authenticity and festive atmosphere because what could be better than a party on the beach? You'll be greeted with a shell lei before the of the festivities, and participate in Hawaiian arts and crafts. After the delicious South Pacific-themed meal comes the pulse-pounding Island Breeze Polynesian show, which features the music, dance, and ritual of ancient and modern Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, New Zealand, Fiji and other Pacific Islands. You'll never forget the dazzling and daring Samoan Fire-Knife dance! Hanohano Seating Upgrade:
upgrade includes expedited check-in, preferred seating at the front of
the stage and first in the buffet line. This upgrade is paid at the
door when you arrive, but must be chosen with your order. Once
selected, the Hanohano upgrade can't be canceled at check-in.
This is paid at the door when you arrive but must be chosen with your order. You will not be able to cancel the HanoHano portion at check in.Luau Highlights:
- Takes place on the shores of scenic Kamakahonu Bay in Kailua-Kona
- Luau grounds are on King Kamehameha the Great’s former estate
- Island Breeze Luau has been named "Best of West Hawaii" since 2000
- Shell lei greeting
- Opportunity to learn about traditional arts & crafts
- Royal procession representing King Kamehameha and his legacy
- Lavish all-you-can-eat Hawaiian buffet with a wide variety of delicacies, plus an open bar
- Spectacular Polynesian revue – live entertainment
Luau Buffet Menu (subject to change without notice):
- Tossed Greens w/Assorted Dressings (papaya seed, thousand island, Italian)
- Three Bean Salad
- Picked Cucumber-Ogo Salad
- Macaroni Salad
- Lomo Lomi Salmon
- Pineapple Cubes
- Fresh Island Papaya
- Sweet Potatoes - Coconut Butter
- White Rice
- Kona Coffee BBQ Chicken
- Island Fish - with ginger, soy, and scallions
- Kona Broil - Beef Teriyaki
- Banana Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Banana- Coconut Cake
- Coffee- Regular and Decaffeinated
- Hot Tea
- Hosted Standard Bar
- No-Host Premium Bar (Available for Purchase)
Island Breeze Luau Cast
- Where and When:
Check-in for Hanohano (Preferred) seating is at 5:15 pm.
Check-in for Ohana (General) seating is at 5:30 pm.
Festivities end at approximately 8:30 pm.
The Island Breeze Luau is held on the historic grounds of the King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, which is located adjacent to the pier at Kailua Bay, on Palani Road in Kailua-Kona. View Map
The check-in desk is located in the Hawaiian Monarchy Room located across from the Courtyard Business Library and hotel parking lot entrance. Payment for upgraded Hanohano seating is made at this time.
Parking is available at King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel. Validation is given at the luau. Self-parking is $5.00 with validation, and valet parking is $10 for 5 hours.
October 6th & 11th - The luau will be held at the Sheraton Kona Resort & spa at Keauhou during Ironman.
Check in at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa
at Keauhou Bay
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Flower lei available for purchase upon arrival.
Infant pricing (children 4 and under) are provided their own seat and plate. Children 4 and under are required to pay for the Hanohano option.
- Operation Days:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (and Wednesdays during the summer months)
- Approximately 3 hours
- Island Breeze Luau
- Big Island
- 400 guests