Polynesian Adventure Tours - Big Island Grand Circle Island Tour
Recent volcanic eruptions in 2018 have
drastically changed the landscape of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and
for the time being, the Visitor Center, steam vents and parts of Chain
of Craters Road are the only areas that have reopened.
You will see on the Polynesian Adventure Tours Grand Circle Island Tour why they call Hawaii "The Big Island." This circle tour delivers on the Big Island which happens to be bigger than all the other major islands combined. You'll see black sand beaches, rain forests, and waterfalls. Tours are conducted in comfortable, air-conditioned mini-buses with knowledgeable and friendly drivers. Tour Highlights:
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum*
- Mauna Loa Volcano (seen in the distance)
- Pu’uhonua O Honaunau National Park* (known as the “Place of Refuge”)
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach*
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park*
- Volcano House Restaurant* (lunch on own) – views of Halema’uma’u Crater
- Halema’uma’u Crater* – viewed from steam vents; remarkably changed since June 2018
- Kilauea Visitor Center* – park updates & educational displays
- Steam Vents* – groundwater seeps down to hot volcanic rocks forming steam clouds
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center*
- Hilo Town, King Kamehameha Statue & Shinmachi Tsunami Memorial
- Rainbow Falls*
- Return to Kona via famous Saddle Road (with views of many volcanoes)
*Denotes tour stops. Viewing of lava is not guaranteed due to external factors outside our control.
Black Sand Beach
- Where and When:
- Tour time:
Approx. 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Pick-up is provided from main Kona hotels. The exact pick-up and return time depends on the location of your hotel and will be specified in your confirmation email.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
Please contact us if anyone in your party has special needs.
- Special Notes:
- Operation Days:
- Mondays and Thursdays
- 13 hours
- Polynesian Adventure Tours
- Big Island
- Air-conditioned tour bus with Polynesian Adventure Tours