Waipi'o Valley Horseback Adventure
Join us on a easy ride through Waipi'o Valley, which is also known as the "Valley of the Kings." Our guides take you on a ride through a lush tropical paradise of jungle trails, fresh water streams, beautiful magnificent waterfalls and incredible vistas. Only in Waipi'o Valley can you experience this type of hoseback Riding on the Big Island. Actual Ride time is 1 hr and 40 minutes
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride through Waipi'o Valley
- Ride along lush jungle trails and taro fields
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
Waipio Valley Horseback
- Where and When:
- Morning Ride: Check in at 9:00 am. Ride time 9:30 am to 12:00 pm
Afternoon Ride: Check in at 12:30 pm. Ride time 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Waipio Valley Artworks, 48-5416 Kukuihaele Rd, Honokaa, HI 96727 View Map
From the check-in location, participants are transported in a 4-wheel drive van to the stable area in the valley.
From Honokaa take Hwy 240 to Waipio Lookout. Turn right just before lookout and proceed down hill to Waipio Valley Artworks on left. Drive time is about 2 hours from Kona and about 1.5 hours from Kohala resorts or Hilo.
- Minimum Age: 8 years
Maximum Age: 75 years
Maximum Weight: 200 lbs (90 kg).
Participants should be in good general health.
Not recommended for elderly, disabled, obese, or pregnant women.
All participants must sign a waiver.
- Special Notes:
- Suggested attire is long pants, covered shoes, and a sweatshirt. Please bring bottled water due to remote location.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- 2.5 hours
- Na'alapa Stables
- Big Island