Na'alapa Horseback Adventure on Kahua Ranch
Enjoy the 360 views of the mountains and the ocean. Our experienced Hawaiian cowboys and well trained horses make for superb maximum safety for the beginning horseback rider and maximum flexibility for the experts. We offer a ride that is not nose to tail.
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride through Waipi'o Valley
- Ride along lush jungle trails and taro fields
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
Big Island Horseback Riding
Kahua Ranch Map
- Where and When:
- 1.5 hour Morning Ride: Check in at 9:30 am. Ride time: 10:00 am to 11:30 am
1.5 hour Afternoon Ride: Check in at 2:00 pm. Ride time: 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
2.5 hour Morning Ride: Check in at 10:30 am. Ride time: 11:00 am to 1:30 pm
2.5 hour Afternoon Ride: Check in at 12:30 pm. Ride time: 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Na'alapa Stables on Kahua Ranch, 59-564 Kohala Mountain Rd, Waimea, HI 96743 View Map
Take 250 past 11 mile marker and turn right at Kahua Ranch main entrance. Drive time is about 2 hours from Hilo, 1.5 hours from Kona and 45 minutes from Waikoloa.
- All participants must sign a waiver
- Minimum Age: 8 years
Maximum Age: 70 years
Maximum Weight: 230 lbs (104 kg)
Participants should be in good general health.
Not recommended for elderly, disabled, obese, or pregnant women.
All participants must sign a waiver.
During Covid measures, masks are required at all times on tour.
- Special Notes:
- Suggested attire is long pants, covered shoes, and sweatshirt. Please bring bottled water due to remote location.
- Operation Days:
- 1.5 or 2.5 hours
- Na'alapa Stables
- Big Island