Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Circle of Fire plus Waterfalls (Hilo Airport)
View lava flows, black sand beaches, tropical rain forests and waterfalls on the 45-50 minute Circle of Fire plus Waterfalls Tour. Learn about the history and culture of Hawaii as you tour the most geologically active environment on earth. There is an emphasis on the most current areas of volcanic activity.
Blue Hawaiian operates the incredible EC130-B4 “ECO-Star,” the world’s first 21st-century touring helicopter. It sets a whole new standard in environmentally responsible air touring. It is quieter than the A-STAR, and incorporates cutting-edge technologies, materials, systems and avionics. It offers incomparable passenger comfort, 23% more interior space, individual “Business Class” seats, raised theatre-style platform in the rear, and far more cockpit glass for fantastic views. Blue Hawaiian operates a superb fleet of A-STARs—state-of-the-art touring jet helicopters. Our ASTARs are all purchased new and meticulously maintained by the largest factory trained staff of A&P mechanics in Hawaii.
- Bose aviation-grade noise-canceling headsets
- Two-way communication between you and your Blue Hawaiian pilot
A-Star - Eco-Star
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 7:00 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 10:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo Airport View Map
View Driving Directions
- For each passenger weighing 250+ pounds (113 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions. Volcanic activity varies hourly.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- 45-50 minutes
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- Big Island
- A-Star: The A-Star is the industry standard helicopter offering a great flight in a compact cabin, bench style seating, and over 50 square feet of viewing glass.
ECO-Star: The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.