Sunshine Helicopters - Volcano Deluxe Tour (Hapuna Heliport)
Experience the fiery lava vents of Big Island's active volcano, Kilauea. The breathtaking live volcanic landscape is just one of the amazing sights you will find on an island with eleven out of thirteen climate zones present on Earth. Soar through the hidden tropical valleys of the Kohala mountains, alive with dozens of cascading waterfalls, and above the Hamakua coast's beautiful rainforest.
Flight Includes: Ground briefing, coffee, personally narrated tour, air-conditioning, choreographed CD music through headsets with volume control. The pilot-narrated video of your actual flight will be available for purchase on DVD.
- Kohala Mountains
- Kilauea – active volcano
- Hamakua Coast and rainforest
Open Seating: Maximum of 6 seats per flight. Seat assignment is determined by weight and balance.
First Class Seating: Maximum of 2 seats per flight.
Passengers enjoy First Class seating next to pilot, with extra arm and
leg room. Maximum combined weight limit for two passengers is 490 lbs
First Class Seating
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time (between 9:30 am and 11:30 am). The exact departure time for your preferred timeframe will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Hapuna Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 1 hour 45 minutes
- Sunshine Helicopters
- Big Island
- The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.