Paradise Helicopters - Volcano and Kohala Landing (Kona Airport)
The exclusive Volcano Kohala Landing is the ultimate experience only offered by Paradise Helicopters. The 3 hour event begins as you would with the Hawaii Experience then continue your flight by the spectacular Kohala Coast, where you will escape to your own private paradise. After seeing the creation of the island from above, what could be better than landing at the Awini Landing overlooking the ocean where you can unwind and experience paradise first hand.
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat:
This seat upgrade is for the seat next to the pilot that has the
advantage of 3 windows for viewing the tour and is separate from the
other guests. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A
capacity surcharge is required for guest who weight between 265 and 315
lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed with the capacity
surcharge. If you did not select the capacity surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 315 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 315 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- Transportation: Free
round-trip transportation available on a limited basis for guests in
the Kona Coast area, Hapuna area, and Keauhou area. Some exceptions may
NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return
shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities
planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
- 3-hour helicopter adventure, including landing
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests and beaches
- Kohala landing site overlooks the valley and ocean
- Beautiful picnic area
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Bell 407 Helicopter
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
If you selected Kona side Transportation, exact pick up time and location will be emailed to you.
PLEASE NOTE: Guests may have to wait a period of time to catch the return shuttles back to their pick up locations. If you have other activities planned or don't wish to wait you'll need to make other arrangements.
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing between 265-315 lbs (120-142 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $50 for Kona flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 315 lbs (142 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of two (2) AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Picnic food is not provided, but guests may bring their own food.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 2 hours total flight time and 1 hour on the ground
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.