Paradise Helicopters - Volcano and Kohala Landing (Kona Airport)
The exclusive Volcano Kohala Landing is the ultimate experience only offered by Paradise Helicopters. The 3 hour event begins as you would with the Hawaii Experience then continue your flight by the spectacular Kohala Coast, where you will escape to your own private paradise. After seeing the creation of the island from above, what could be better than landing at the Awini Landing overlooking the ocean where you can unwind and experience paradise first hand.
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for
the seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows
for viewing and is separate from the other passengers. Seat is
subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a
window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't
believe they can sit backwards facing, please note next to name
of guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards
facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing
of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes a
window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122
kg) an Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the
Extra Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you
will still be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the
- 3-hour helicopter adventure, including landing
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests and beaches
- Kohala landing site overlooks the valley and ocean
- Beautiful picnic area
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Bell 407 Helicopter
- Where and When:
- Morning departure time. The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher.
Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Picnic food is not provided, but guests may bring their own food.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 2 hours total flight time and 1 hour on the ground
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.