Paradise Helicopters - Hawaii Experience (Kona Airport)
Here's a great way to experience the best that the Big Island has to offer. You'll depart from the Kona airport in a fine touring helicopter, sightseeing along the way. You'll get incredibly sublime views of areas invisible from the surface roads. Fly between the two main volcanoes that make up the island - Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea. Once you reach beautiful Mt. Kilauea, you'll see the most recent volcanic activity before proceeding to the north end of the island, where you'll revel in the lush beauty of tropical rainforests, cool mountain waterfalls, and deep, still valleys. Then it's on to the sparkling Kona Coast. This is one of the Big Island Helicopter tours that is offered by Hawaii Activities Discount that departs out of Kona and visits the active volcano in Hilo. Save on the exciting Kona helicopter tour offered by Paradise Helicopters and save through Hawaii Activities Discount.
Some of the areas you fly over include the Current lava activity at Kilauea Volcano, Tropical rainforests of Puna, Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, Hilo Harbor, Waterfalls of North Hilo, Hamakua Coast, and the Kohala Coast.
- Unique overflights of historic Kailua Village, the world-famous Kona coffee belt, the intriguing south flank of Hualalai Volcano, the Pu'u O'o lava area and the valleys of Kohala
- See the Big Island's volcanoes, lush rainforests, waterfalls and black sand beaches
- American-made helicopter with executive seating
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the
seat next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for
viewing the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is
subject to weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This upgrade guarantees a
window seat. Seat is subject to weight and balance restrictions.
Seat may be forward facing or backwards facing. If a guest doesn't
believe they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of
guest. Every effort will be made not to place guest backwards
facing, but may not be guaranteed due to weight capacity and
balancing of craft. Please note, the capacity surcharge already includes
a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guests weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) an
Extra Seat Charge is required. If you did not select the Extra
Seat Charge and weigh over 269 lbs (122 kg) at check-in you will still
be charged directly by Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
Big Island Waterfalls
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:00 am & 12:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:00 pm & 2:00 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Kona International Airport View Map
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Saturday
- Approx. 1.5 to 2 hours total flight time
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- BELL 407 Helicopter, featuring a spacious, wide body cabin and oversized windows for an outstanding view.