Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Kohala Coast Adventure (Waikoloa Heliport)
Tour the Kohala Coast, the area many consider to have the most stunning scenery on the Big Island. See towering sea cliffs open into the dramatic deep and meandering valleys of the Kohala Mountains on this 45-50 minutes flight. Spectacular waterfalls cascade thousands of feet into the rainforest below. See remnants of ancient Hawaiian settlements.
The EC130-B4 “ECO-Star,” is the world’s first 21st-century touring helicopter. This amazing helicopter sets a new standard in environmentally responsible air touring. It is significantly quieter than the industry-standard A-STAR, and has all the latest cutting-edge technologies, systems, materials and avionics. The ECOStar offers incomparable passenger comfort, 23% more interior space, “Business Class” seats, raised theatre-style platform in the rear, and more cockpit glass for spectacular sweeping views. Blue Hawaiian also continues to operate a superb fleet of A-STARs—state-of-the-art touring jet helicopters.
- Kohala Coast resort area
- Kohala Mountains
- Towering sea cliffs and waterfalls
- Pololu and Waipio valleys
- Front Row Seating Add-on can
guarantee a front row seating for the guest. Please note the
restrictions listed below for this add-on.
- Where and When:
- Afternoon departure (between 1:00 pm & 3:30 pm)
The exact departure time will be emailed to you with your confirmation.
Departs from Waikoloa Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
Check in will be 1 hour prior to departure. Prompt arrival allows for guest weight check-in, safety briefing, and to be escorted and seated on the aircraft for on-time departure. Late arrivals will be considered as a no-show. Traffic is unpredictable in the Islands. Please allow for ample travel time in case of traffic delays.
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
For each passenger weighing 240+ pounds (109 kg), an adjacent empty seat is required to safely balance the aircraft and requires an additional surcharge equal to 1/2 ticket price.
The Federal Aviation Administration requires that each each passenger is weighed prior to departure. This weigh-in process is very discrete when you check in. Any significant variance in the weights provided and actual scale weight could result in flight delays or possible cancellation.
Front Row Seating Add-on Restrictions:
Combined Front Row seat weight must be under 470 lbs and individual passenger weights must be under 240 lbs. Should the actual weights at check-in exceed any of these limits guests will be accommodated in other seats and allowed a refund for the upgrade fee.
Front Row passengers must occupy their own seats and must be able to refrain from interfering with the pilot and instrumentation. NO LAP CHILDREN IN FRONT ROW. In the event of an emergency front row passengers must be able to receive instructions in English and be physically capable of operating exit doors. Chair lifts are can only access the rear row seats, therefore guests requiring a chair lift cannot be accommodated in the front row.
You MUST have with you:
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- 45-50 minutes
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- Big Island
- The Eco-Star is significantly quieter than the standard A-Star touring helicopter and offers 23% more interior space and over 60 square feet of viewing glass for 180 degree unobstructed views. The Eco-Star also has individual seats for every passenger that afford the kind of shoulder room and personal space found in airline "First Class" seating. The ECO-Star is the first helicopter specifically designed for touring, utilizing the latest aircraft and avionics technologies.