Sunshine Helicopters - Kohala / Hamakua Tour (Hapuna Heliport)
40 Minute Helicopter Tour - Kohala Mountains with views of the South Kohala Resort coastline. Climb Waimea over the
sweeping pasture lands of the Kahua and Ponoholo Ranches in route to the
lush tropical rainforest of Hamakua.Waimanu, Pololu and Waipio, alive with dozens of
First Class at the front 2 seats and there is a Max of 2 People per flight
- Kohala Mountains
- Tropical rainforest of Hamakua district
- Sea cliffs and lush valleys of Waipio, Pololu and Waimanu
- Dozens of roaring waterfalls
Big Island Waterfalls
- Where and When:
- Check in at 3:15 pm.
Tour departs at 4:00 pm from Hapuna Heliport View Map
View Driving Directions
- First class guarantee of front seat is limited to 290 lbs (131 kg) or a combined weight of 490 lbs (222 kg) for 2 passengers. Open seating over 290 lbs (131 kg) may require the purchase of a comfort seat.
All passengers are weighed at check-in. If given weight is substantially lower than actual weight, you may get bumped from the flight, but still have to pay for the seat.
If requesting first class seating for a minor, one of the passengers in first class must be over 16 and traveling with the minor.
A valid government issued photo I.D. is required.
Flight patterns and specific sights are subject to weather conditions.
- Special Notes:
- Children 23 months or younger may fly at no charge and must sit on adult's lap. Please provide child's weight at time of booking.
- Operation Days:
- 40 minutes
- Sunshine Helicopters
- Big Island
- The EC 130 B4 WhisperSTAR is the ultimate in sightseeing helicopters. More interior room, more visibility with added plexiglass and elevated rear seats. Sunshine Helicopters customizes the standard factory interior with business and first class seating to further enhance passenger comfort and visibility. Soar in the state-of-the-art WhisperSTAR and experience the quiet, ultra smooth and most advanced technological sightseeing helicopter ever.