Paradise Helicopters - Lava & Rainforests Adventure (Hilo Airport)
This Big Island Helicopter Tour is currently unavailable for booking on our site. Please visit our
Big Island Helicopter Tours
page for other available tours.
Come along on this estimated 45-minute tour, and you'll fly over miles of lush rainforest on your way to Kilauea, which is the most active volcano in the world. Once there, you'll marvel at its latest efforts to make the Big Island even bigger. With a little luck, you'll even see some lava! Afterward, it's on to the Wailuku River. You'll fly by an amazing array of waterfalls cascading into cool tropical pools far below. Don't forget to bring a camera!
Some of the sites you'll see include the Current activity at Kilauea Volcano, Tropical rainforests of Puna, Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea, Hilo Harbor, and the Waterfalls of North Hilo.
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Fly over Kilauea, the most active volcano on earth and see its current activity
- See Hilo and the surrounding rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Co-Pilot Seat: This seat upgrade is for the seat
next to the pilot that has the advantage of 3 windows for viewing
the tour and is separate from the other guests. Seat is subject to
weight and balance restrictions.
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. If a Bell 407 is flown seat
may be forward facing or backwards facing, if a guests doesn't believe
they can sit backwards facing please note next to name of guest. Every
effort will be made not to place guest backwards facing but may not be
guaranteed due to weight capacity and balancing of craft. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh above 269 lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh above 269 lbs at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
Note for parties of 5 or 6 people: The BELL 407 helicopter (holds up to 6 passengers) is only available on Tuesdays. If you are a party of 5 or 6 people and would like to fly on the BELL 407, please give us a call prior to making a reservation so we can check if the helicopter is available for your tour date.
Fire and Falls Adventure
Kilauea Volcano Sights
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 9:30 am & 11:00 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:00 pm
Afternoon: departing between 1:30 pm & 3:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult.
- Passengers weighing over 269 lbs (122 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying the Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
Children under the age of 2 AND under 30 lbs (13.5 kg) fly free when seated in the lap of a paying adult. Children who are 24 months and older or children who are under 24 months but weigh over 30 lbs (13.5 kg) require an individual full-fare seat.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
- Special Notes:
- When you choose a time frame we will email you an exact time your flight will take place. If you need to book an exact time for your flight, please call to make a reservation.
- Operation Days:
- Monday - Friday
- Approx. 45, 60 or 90 minutes based on current lava activity
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- Either the BELL 407 Helicopter which holds 6 people or the Hughes MD500 which holds 4 people.