Paradise Helicopters - Doors Off Lava & Rainforest Adventure (Hilo Airport)
Experience the volcanic activity first hand? With No Doors!! Hawaii Activities Discount offers a Doors Off Experience through Paradise Helicopters.
This is an adventure of a lifetime for those looking for an exciting alternative to the regular flight. Feel (and hear) the wind rushing by as you peer out the huge opening. This is not an adventure for the faint of heart, but for the thrill seeker, there is no better way to fly!
Included in this tour are No Doors In The Way, Two-way Communication Allowing You To Speak Directly With Your Pilot, Narrated By Pilots Who Will Answer Your Question, the thrill of an open cockpit, see volcanoes, lush jungle, and the waterfalls above Hilo town.
Tour Upgrades and Additional Information:
- Upgrade - Window Seat: This
upgrade guarantees a window seat. Seat is subject to weight and
balance restrictions. Please note the capacity surcharge already
includes a window seat guarantee.
- Capacity Surcharge: A
capacity surcharge is required for guest who weight between 266 and 300
lbs at check in. A window seat is guaranteed with the capacity
surcharge. If you did not select the capacity surcharge and weigh
between these amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by
Paradise Helicopters before the flight.
- Extra Seat Charge: For guest that weigh 300+ lbs a Extra Seat Charge is required. If
you did not select the extra seat charge and weigh between these
amounts at check in you will still be charged directly by Paradise
Helicopters before the flight.
- 45-minute helicopter tour adventure
- Doors Off flight – for the best viewing experience
- Travel Channel calls this the "hottest helicopter ride on Earth"
- Fly over the Big Island's Kilauea Volcano and its current activity
- See Hilo and the nearby rainforests and waterfalls
- Plenty of great photo opportunities
- Fully-narrated helicopter tour
- Two-way communication allowing you to speak directly with your pilot
Doors Off Experience
Hughes MD500 Helicopter
Kilauea Volcano Sights
- Where and When:
- Morning: departing between 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Mid-day: departing between 11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Afternoon: departing between 2:30 pm & 4:30 pm
The exact departure time for your preferred time frame will be specified on your voucher. Departs from Hilo International Airport
- Each child (13 and under) must be accompanied by an adult. Children will not be seated next to an open door.
- No children under the age of 8 years.
Passengers need to bring a government issued photo ID. International passengers will need their passport.
Passengers weighing between 266-300 lbs (120-136 kg) will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge for Hilo flights. Passengers paying the Capacity Surcharge will be guaranteed a window seat. Passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be assessed an Extra Seat Charge. Passengers paying an Extra Seat Charge will be guaranteed a window seat and an empty seat next to them.
- Special Notes:
- Only 2 window seat upgrades available per flight.
- Operation Days:
- Approx. 45 minutes
- Paradise Helicopters
- Big Island
- Hughes MD500 Helicopter
Paradise Helicopters has been a leader in helicopter safety since their founding in 1997. They actively work to identify and mitigate risk and use best practices for all operations. This includes using FAA-approved seat belts with quick releases on their flights as well as conducting specific passenger safety training prior to each flight. In the past five years, Paradise Helicopters established a robust Safety Management System and has completed the International Business Aviation Councils Stage 2 certification. In 2016, Paradise became the first air-tour company in the world to be certified by Helicopter Association Internationals Accreditation Program of Safety (HAI-APS) for Air Tour Operations.