Come aboard the Intrepid and experience the excitement of deep sea fishing in the pristine waters of Hawaii's Big Island. Our captain and crew enjoy working with anglers of all skill levels - novice to expert.
Unlike many popular big game fishing destinations around the world where you may have up to a 1 1/2-hour boat ride before getting to the fishing grounds, Hawaii's Kona Coast offers the potential to catch a monster fish within minutes of leaving Honokohau Harbor. Due to the formation of the Hawaiian Islands by volcanic activity, the Intrepid can be over thousands of feet of blue water within a very short distance from the coast. Fish for blue marlin, striped marlin, spearfish, swordfish, yellowfin tuna, big eye tuna, mahi-mahi (dolphin) and wahoo. Record-sized fish have been caught just minutes from our harbor.
Come enjoy Hawaii's most productive deep sea fishing area! Half day, three-quarter day, full day, custom and overnight sport fishing charters are available. You may also request trips involving a combination of deep sea fishing, snorkeling or whale watching. Customer satisfaction is our first priority!
The safety of our guests is a paramount concern. Captain Cintas is First Aid and CPR certified. The Intrepid is one of only 3 Kona charter boats awarded with the US Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification. The Intrepid's deep cockpit is very safe for small children.
The Intrepid is professionally outfitted with:
• Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
• Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
• Custom tournament fighting chair
• Available for all major fishing tournaments
• Taxidermy services available
• Snorkel gear
• Take home a digital color photo of your catch!
Keep your catch. We will fillet and package your fish. We can prepare your fish for shipment (under 25 pounds). We can even recommend a local restaurant that will be happy to cook your fresh fish so you can celebrate your catch over a delicious meal!
Includes snacks, water, and non-alcoholic beverages.
The Intrepid is a 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher certified by the US Coast Guard to carry 6 passengers. She is very clean, well maintained and is in excellent condition. She is air-conditioned and has both bridge and salon seating which can comfortably accommodate 6 adults. She has a toilet, fresh water shower and 2 private staterooms. The Intrepid is perfectly suited for overnight trips as well as tournament fishing.
Intrepid Vessel Facts:
- 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher
- Comfortable, clean and well-maintained
- Air-conditioned salon
- Penn International and Shimano Tiagra reels, with matching custom rods
- Heavy tackle, stand-up and light tackle
- Custom tournament fighting chair
- One of only three Kona charter boats awarded with the U.S. Coast Guard's Premier Safety Certification
- Deep cockpit is safe for small children
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, Kona. View Map
Departure is around 5:30 am. The exact time will be emailed to you.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Each guest can keep 100% of their own catch.
The friendly, patient crew enjoys working with children and loves introducing them to the thrill of deep sea sportfishing. Bring the kids along for a great day of family fun on the water.
- Operation Days:
- 4.5 hour, 6 hour and 9 hour tours
3 day charters available as well
- Intrepid Sportfishing Kona Coast
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Intrepid is a 42-foot LOA Bertram Yachtfisher and is certified by the U.S. Coast Guard to carry six passengers. The vessel is air-conditioned and has both bridge and salon seating which can comfortably accommodate six adults. The Intrepid is equipped with a freshwater shower, a restroom and two private staterooms.