Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 3
Climb aboard the forty-foot Egg Harbor fishing vessel, Bite Me 3 for the best four hours, six hours, or eight hours of fishing on a private charter. Bite Me Sportfishing tours also offer four hours of a shared boat fishing excursion for up to six passengers. The Bite Me 3 is a great fishing vessel with an outstanding shaded top deck for viewing and below, an open cockpit with leather sofas. The charter boat also features a CD player with iPod plug-in, showers, and a restroom. Bite Me 3 is also equipped with Shimano TLD Graphite Reels, Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels, Rupp Tournament Outriggers, Melton International custom built rods, Assorted Accurate Fishing tackle, and a Murray Brothers full-size fighting chair. Bite Me 3 charter boat provides plenty of ice and a large cooler for your personal lunch, snacks, and favorite beverages to bring for a day of fishing. Come ready to hook and reel in a Black Marlin, Blue Marlin, Striped Marlin, Ono, Opakapaka, Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, Skip Jack Tuna, Big Eye Tuna, Rainbow Runner, Short Nosed Spearfish, and maybe even a shark! It won’t be just luck helping you catch these big game fish! You will be able to contribute your catch to the direction and help given by Captain Wargo and his crew. Captain Wargo will suggest you run two to five fishing lines at one time to increase your chance to hook the catch of your life! Fishing on the Grander Alley, knowledgeable Captain, and a great fishing charter is the perfect combination for a successful and challenging Big Island Deep Sea Fishing excursion on the Kona Coast.
- 40-foot Uniflite
- Comfortable covered air-conditioned cabin and sleeping quarters for overnight trips
- Leather couches, TV, VCR, DVD, video games and custom-made bow cushions
- Microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator
- Shaded top deck for great viewing
- Rail mounted digital video recorder
- Clean restroom with showers
- Two brand new 3126B Electronic 450hp Caterpillar engines with a top speed of 30 knots
- Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five – 130s; Two – 80s; Two – 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four – TLD 25s; Four – TLD 15s
- Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes to keep bait fresh and lively
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and stay on that road so you'll be on the south side of the marina waters. Park on the ocean side of the restroom building with the red roof. You'll see a red sign that says "Bite Me 3" near a boat ramp that will drop you down to the vessel.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Shared Charter (4 hours)
1/2 Day Private Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Private Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Private Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- The Bite Me 3 is a 40-foot Egg Harbor with a large tuna tower for locating fish.