Bite Me Sportfishing - Bite Me 2
You can fish with the best on Bite Me 2, a forty-six foot Hatteras with twin 550hp Detroit Diesel engines and a huge tuna tower. It also has a top deck with plenty of shade for watching marine life and the beautiful vistas the Kona Coast has to offer. For overnight Big Island Fishing excursions, the Bite Me 2 has an air-conditioned cabin with comfortable sofas, DVD, VCR, coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave, restrooms, and a shower. Fish with the best Bite Me 2 fishing equipment including Shimano TLD Graphite Reels (four-TLD 15s), Gold Penn International Two-Speed Reels (two-50s, two-80s, five-130s), Rupp Tournament outriggers, Elton International custom built rods, an assortment of Accurate Fishing tackle, tuna tubes, full size Murray Brothers fight chair, and live bait wells. You cannot find a better Big Island Deep Sea Fishing adventure with all these amenities on Hawaii!
Bite Me 2 Vessel Facts:
- 38-foot Hatteras
- Covered cabin and top deck
- Comfortable seating
- Clean bathroom
- GoldPenn International Two-Speed Reels
- Five – 130s; Two – 80s; Two – 50s
- Shimano TLD Graphite Reels
- Four – TLD 25s; Four – TLD 15s
- Assorted Accurate Fishing Tackle
- Melton International Custom Built Rods
- Rupp Tournament Outriggers
- Full Size Murray Brothers Fighting Chair
- Tuna Tubes to keep bait fresh and lively
- Live Bait Wells
Kona Big Game Fishing
Hauling in a Big One
Big Island Sportfishing
Keep your Catch
- Where and When:
- Departs from Honokohau Harbor, 74-425 Kealakehe Parkway, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 View Map
Departure times available at 6:30 am, 10:30 am and 2:30 pm, depending on tour chosen.
Directions for Honokohau Harbor & Check-In:
For Full Day, 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in before 10:00 am, check in at the boat. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina.
Take that road lined with palm trees and go Right at your second opportunity. This will place you at the most INLAND part of the marina. Park on the dirt by the water. You'll see a sign for the Bite Me 2 over a walking ramp that will take you from the parking lot to the water. At the bottom of the ramp stick to your right and five slips up will be the Bite Me 2 with the red hull.
For 3/4 Day or Half Day Morning that checks in after 10:00 am, check in at the Bite Me Logo Store. The Harbor is 5 miles south of Kona airport and 3 or 4 miles north of Kailua-Kona. At the traffic light intersection, take Kealakehe Parkway from the highway (Hwy 19) towards the ocean. You'll see the sailboat masts from the highway and there's a sign for Honokohau Marina. Take that road lined with coconut palms and go Right at your first opportunity. Immediately on your left is a blue building complex with its own parking lot. The office is right by the flagpole.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Any marlins are catch and release. Any fish 50 lbs or less will be cut and the guest may take home. Anything above 50 lbs will be kept by the captain of the boat.
- Operation Days:
- 1/2 Day Charter (4 hours)
3/4 Day Charter (6 hours)
Full Day Charter (8 hours)
- Bite Me Sportfishing
- Big Island
- 6 passengers
- The Bite Me 2 is a 46-foot Hatteras featuring two 550hp Detroit Diesel engines and a large tuna tower for locating fish.